Attributing Synth-V vocalists on commercial release

Regarding distributors I think Landr might be interesting.

Tunecore got veeery negative press lately and Distrokit also hasn’t the best reputation.

I highly recommend doing your homework regarding the distro choice. Choose wisely.

I use Ditto Music. Very cheap, and I have no bad things to say about them. All in all, I would still choose them if I had to start over.

I would recommend doing some research about them. I found some reports, that lets me think, that their reputation is questionable.
But many people also recommend Distrokid, while others warn not to use them, even a lawyer on Youtube.

No matter which distributor, it’s wise to do some research before signing.

It sure is wise to do your own research. I’m only reporting my experience, which is very basic. I had no issues with royalties, simply because I don’t get enough streams to have significant royalties lol!:joy:

However, the bad reports about them I’ve seen on Reddit are a bit sus. One guy said he had problems collecting royalties from ONE MILLION streams. If you get that level of streams, you should look elsewhere than the cheapest distributor on earth, and you are usually under a label. Unless you have one million fake streams, but that poses blame one the guy, not the distributor.

Other people complain that they get their release approved too close to the release date, “so the music cannot be submitted to Editorial Playlists”. Again, if you aim at editorial playlists, you should not look at a 19$/year unlimited releases plan.

If on the other hand you are like me, aiming at a few hundreds, perhaps one thousand, streams per song, and you want to spend the absolute lowest price, Ditto gets the job done and my music has always landed on all platforms without issues.