Has The Clarinet Soundfont Been Removed From Synth V Studio Basic?

Hi there,

In the original Synth V Editor, a clarinet sound plays when you move notes around on the piano roll.

It does not seem to be functioning on my Windows 10 laptop when using the new Synth V Studio Basic.

Has it been removed?

Is the feature available on the Pro version?

Cheers!

「いいね!」 2

I have the Pro version. Seems it’s been removed. I’d like it back! Note preview is so helpful.

You can still click the piano roll on the left, to hear a note.

「いいね!」 2

Well that sucks. :poop:

Yes, I agree, I find it very useful as well.

Bring it back! :grinning:

I kinda miss that little “brrrrrr” of the clarinet when dragging the note up the piano roll. :rofl:
Would certainly be nice to have it back.

Yes, with the way I use the software, I find the clarinet note preview invaluable.

Let’s hope that @khuasw adds it back in a future update. :wink:

「いいね!」 2

Well, I actually did a bit of an experiment today.

This morning, I created a singing melody using the old Synth V Editor software with the note preview switched on, and this afternoon, did the same, using the new Synth V Studio BASIC, which does not seem to have any Note Preview mode.

The results are in…

…and although I was able to create a melody in Pro Basic without the Note Preview facility, I found it far easier, and quicker, to knock out a melody with the old Synth V Editor.

I am not sure why this feature was implemented in the original editor, and has now been taken out, but after today’s experiment, I still would like it returned.

I know some users may not find it as useful as me, and so maybe it could have an on/ff switch to cater for needs of everybody.

「いいね!」 2

+1, this makes the most sense to me.

「いいね!」 1

I’m a Synthsizer V Studio Basic user and the crarinet sound is usefull for me because I have a problem with my eyes!
When I’m editing a word and it get out its place, the clarinet sound would be great to put the “word” again in its place, for example!
PLEASE, WE NEED THAT SOUND AGAIN IN BASIC STUDIO!
Thank you!!!
lang:eng

「いいね!」 2

I was also wondering the same thing! It really helped me write melodies in the original version, since I don’t have perfect pitch (if that even matters lol) and I hate doing guesswork with the notes haha. I hope the clarinet playback will be considered for future re-implementation! ; v;