Please release Eleanor AI

Please release Eleanor AI.
Don’t you like money?

They’re working on full version of Eleanor, and as they stated before, Covid is one of the main reason slowing down the development. Also AI version depends on deep learning, and given their current resource and the GPU market, ehhhh… I’m not sure if we’d have Eleanor AI soon.

Give them time. In the meantime, buy other voicebanks too.

Covid is the new blanket excuse for laziness worldwide.

“Pleeese release her, let her go…” :smiley:

Although an AI version of Eleanor would be great, I think a multi-pitch version English voice without AI would be almost as good.

I’d rather a multi-pitch version be released sooner, rather than wait for the AI version.

Although I’d certainly purchase/upgrade to the AI version! :slight_smile:

Because you don’t love her anymore? :rofl:

No, Kanru let her go. :smiley:

I hate how they keep saying “they’re working on it”, yet there’s no evidence of said work. Kanru hasn’t said a single word, and they just keep focusing on the other voices that no one cares about.

I suspect that English is a relatively small portion of this company’s user base.

What I’d really like to see is a collaboration with companies such as Zero-G and PowerFX. SynthV is a relatively small company, and needs to focus their resources strategically.

Zero-G created some of the best English Vocaloids on the market, such as Avanna, Dax and Daina. PowerFX has Yohioloid and Ruby.

Yamaha doesn’t seem to really pushing Vocaloid in the English market. Their current ads seem to focus more on the ability to edit pre-existing vocal loops, rather than create original lyrics.

I don’t know what the terms of licensing with Yamaha are, but I suspect that SynthV is likely to be competitive, if not better.

And for whatever reason - underlying resynthesis technology, reclist, diphone selections - SynthV voices simply sound better.

Maybe Kanru has less words to say about Eleanor Forte because his company is not producing it. What speaks, to me at least, is the fact that every time SynthesizerV is updated, it contains features and fixes directly from community suggestions. So there’s that.

Also lol @ “other voices that no one cares about” - there was serious HYPE for Rikka and AiKO

I have heard that Asian languages are easier to convincingly synthesize than English. This may or not be why, with such an untapped market it is served by exclusively Asian concerns. When I first saw the SynthV web site I was tickled pink because it was the first offering state side I had ever seen with a western bent on the verbage and usd as the cost. Yes Kanru Kua is Asian but he is stateside so cool and bought it straight away. Once his visa ran out (change my mind) and he moved his operation to a “closet” in Japan and attempted to forward the notion that there was suddenly a “we” in Dreamtonics (shouldn’t that be Dreamtronics?), the gig for Americans was up.

Eleanore Forte AI is not going to happen.

I have heard that Asian languages are easier to convincingly synthesize than English.

I’m not sure about that.

But English has a large number of phonemes, which means more combinations to record, edit, quality control, and so on. Add multi-pitch to that, and that’s quite a bit of work more than an Asian language.

Eleanore Forte AI is not going to happen.

The AI tuning process isn’t associated with the phoneme set. That’s why you can use Saki AI on English songs.

AI tuning no doubt looks at the pitch, duration of the current, prior and next notes/rests. I believe that it’s currently trained on a fairly small sample set - about three songs.

I suspect that SynthV will ultimately offer AI tuning for various musical styles rather than being strictly associated with voicebanks.

I think this “hype” you speak of for Rikka and AiKO was only on your mind, and not in reality. Maybe get that checked out, cause seeing things that aren’t really there is a sign of mental illness.

There is no money in the Western virtual singers market because there is no such thing. If it were otherwise, other companies would have created English voicebanks long ago.

Do you know any professional Western producers making English songs with virtual singers? Do these songs hit the charts? No, only hobbyists play this. And kids who download MIDI to do covers and stupid memes. Completely different than in Asia where it is a huge market with CDs, real concerts, and popular computer games.

That is why Eleanor Forte AI has such a low priority, if it is created at all. They probably treat it as an experiment or research to develop technology, not as a real product.

A typical Western audience is not ready for virtual singers and it will not be soon. Until that changes, we must enjoy what we have and create good songs using the full potential of Eleanor Forte Lite.

They are completely useless to me since I only want to make English songs and I don’t know Chinese or Japanese.

It is already a better idea to buy Lucy from EmVoice, although the sound of her voice does not suit me very well, and the way the software works is unacceptable unless it is a monthly subscription. But she is at least an existing native English next-gen voicebank.

The reason why it hasn’t caught on in western civilizations is because it’s not indistinguishable from the real thing and so it is not taken seriously. This has been said because the English language is harder to synthesize. Although Alexa sounds pretty good and condescending too.

We saw Godzilla as kids and scoffed because the acting and animation was so “really?” we were 7 years old and could see the silliness . I was to assume that that was Japanese state of the art but how could that be when they cleaned our clock at Pearl Harbor and throughout wwii until the end They were a formidable foes and worthy opponents.

So in a nutshell it’s gotta be the sheer believably of the state of the art and so we are hopeful of Eleanor AI. That it will convince our friends. When they say “Who is that?” with an enthusiastic face then virtual vocal synth will have arrived. From all I have seen from Kanru’s position on this I feel that is his goal. Although once he left the states I feared he would be bogged down in the easy “anything goes” Asian market that brought us Mothra without batting an eye.

The first one to win the west wins it all and may even be honored with the the Nobel Peace Prize.

This has been said because the English language is harder to synthesize.

That’s not correct. The mechanics of speech are identical. The difference is the size of the phoneme set. But it’s not “harder to synthesize”, the mechanism is literally the same.

We saw Godzilla as kids and scoffed because the acting and animation was so “really?” we were 7 years old and could see the silliness .

You’re referring to the 1978 cartoon series, produced by the American company Hanna Barbera, well known for low-budget limited animation?

They were a formidable foes and worthy opponents.

I’m sure you remember it well. No stereotypes here!

So in a nutshell it’s gotta be the sheer believably of the state of the art and so we are hopeful of Eleanor AI.

Yes, I’m sure that SynthV’s AI makes any need for manual tuning unnecessary. :roll_eyes:

Although once he left the states I feared he would be bogged down in the easy “anything goes” Asian market that brought us Mothra without batting an eye.

Your cultural sensitivity and deep knowledge of the Japanese culture is astonishing,

The first one to win the west wins it all and may even be honored with the the Nobel Peace Prize.

Your deep understanding of Economics and the Nobel Peace Prize is also noted.

「いいね!」 1

If people just physically separated at japan and united states, than nothing can be done without vaccine.

Saki AI (and potentially Rikka AI) can be used to sing English fairly well. Check KIRA’s ‘Why Does a Heart Break?’, he used Saki AI in the song.

Of course, it requires fiddling with phonemes and wording, and unless you are some sort of ‘just wanting something JUST WORKS:tm:’ (if that’s the case why bother using vocal synth tho lol) it’s totally doable.

「いいね!」 1

Wow, I wish I could look at that .svp

I wonder why no one on the forum has shared this news yet

I have the impression that if the fundraising is successful, it may be released earlier than Eleanor Forte AI.

I found a FaceBook page that included a link to this video:

So it’s a collaboration between Eclipsed Sounds & Dreamtonics.

The preview is… well, “muffled” or “boxy” might be a good way to describe what I hear. There’s a lack of clarity, although the mix might have something to do with it. She doesn’t sound as over-articulated as Eleanor can be.

Obviously this is just alpha quality, and given the voices that SynthV has, there’s no reason to think the end result wouldn’t solve these issues.

In few videos I’ve listened to, Emma uses uses a number of pop articulations that I’m curious how well the translate into SynthV. She uses a lot of vocal creak, as well as using a soft and breathy tone. I don’t hear these things (for obvious reasons) in SOLARIS. I’m guessing they were looking for a different timbre with SOLARIS.

And since there doesn’t appear to be a male English SynthV voice in the immediate future, I’m also curious to find out how it translates with the masculine setting.

「いいね!」 1