Script: Progressive Vibrato

I’ve created a script Progressive Vibrato that create a progressively increasing vibrato for the selected notes:

It’s similar to the existing vibrato feature in Synthesizer V, but adds some additional features:

• Amplitude ramps up and down
  • Frequency ramps up
  • Vibrato modulates loudness
「いいね!」 4

Thank you very much for your scripts, they are very useful!
(Translate with translator)

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

At high volume levels, having the vibrato modulate the amplitude sounds a bit odd, even though that’s what actually happens with the voice. I may put in an option to use a simple curve to control the Loudness instead.

I’m also not sure that the amplitude and vibrato rate should always be driven by the same curve.

It might also be nice to be able to specify the Loudness peak relative to the right hand side instead of the left side. That way, the amplitude could continue to grow, even after the Frequency stabilizes.

Theoretically, Loudness and Frequency could both be independent of the Left ramp up, but I suspect that’s overkill.

I’ll have to experiment and see how well they work.

「いいね!」 2

!!! DUDE You are a true HERO!

This sounds so good. It’s gonna be a bit of a learning curve, but not much - very clear code you’ve done here.

I think the biggest problem is that it actually edits the pitch parameter. I see this causing workflow problems. I wonder if there’s a way to get this script acting on the actual vibrato property of a note, rather than the pitch.

The only element that I know that can be automated to control the Vibrato Envelope, which controls the vibrato depth. There is currently no way to dynamically control the vibrato frequency.

That’s why the Auto Pitch Tune writes the values to the Pitch Deviation track when it adds vibrato.

Or did you mean something else? :thinking:

I think you’re right…I looked around in the scripting resources, and yeah, looks like you can grab the vibrato frequency from a note…but not change it over the course of one note.

Hopefully Kanru is still lurking, and can implement a vibrato rate parameter/envelope.

Until then, it’s the dcuny script to the rescue. Thanks so much for making it!

Just wondering how do you use scripts? I downloaded a couple to try them out but it did not work , it gave me an error message when I put it in the directory

What error are you getting? Per the manual:

Synthesizer V Studio Pro supports scripting.

That means if you don’t have the Studio Pro (i.e. the “not free” version), you won’t be able to run any scripts.

To answer your question:

If you have Synthesizer V Studio Pro open, you can choose Scripts | Open Scripts Folder from the menu to open… well, not the scripts folder, it turns out. It opens the Synthesizer V installation folder.

Which is almost, but not quite, the same thing. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So then open the scripts folder, and then the Utilities folder, and place the script(s) in that folder.

Then go back into Synthesizer V Studio Pro and choose Scripts | Rescan from the menu. Synthesizer V will automatically scan the scripts folder when it launches, so you only need to do this if you add scripts while it’s running.

That should make the scripts appear in the Scripts menu, under Launch Scripts. Choose the script that you want to select.

I suspect you already did that since you’re getting an error.

What’s the error message say?

Sorry I meant to reply to this a while ago I took the screen shot but kept forgetting to come here and post it, I have the full version, I got it with the pre order with the Elanor AI voice. scripterror

Oh yea, and I have it in the correct folder, it gives me this message on startup so I have to remove the script from the folder for it to run, I am using these scripts
they are called Expressive2.lua and Progressive Vibrato.lua they are both LUA files 227 kb long

How did you download the files?

It looks like you might have accidentally grabbed the web page HTML instead of the script.

Go ahead and look in the file Expressive2.lua by choosing Scripts | Open Scripts Folder, then open the scripts, and then the Utilities folder. Open the file Expressive2.lua with notepad (or some other plain text editor) and see if the first line is what it should be:

SCRIPT_TITLE = "Expression Curves"

or something else, like:

<!DOCTYPE html>

in which case, you downloaded the web page instead of the file.

The file size for Expressive2.lua is 11Kb, and Progressive Vibrato.lua is 12Kb.

To download the files, go to GitHub - dcuny/synth-v-scripts: Scripts for the Synthesizer V program, click the green dropdown button that says Code, and choose Download ZIP. Unzip the file, and save the files into the Utilities folder.

I hope this solves your issue.

「いいね!」 1