[Eleanor Forte] Lost In Time [Original]

Feedback welcome.

I may not make (many) changes to this song, but it’s helpful to know where my tuning skills need polish, and what I could do to improve them. :slight_smile:

「いいね!」 1

Excellent! Eleanor Lite is hard to work with - I feel like this is approaching the best you could do with her.

2:32 “behind” - I might try making the “ah” part of “Behind” longer than the “iy”. And I’d tame the vibrato on that note.

0:32 “watching” sounds sooo…dark? Is there a big gender change there?

0:40 “sand” is very breathy. I agree with adding breathiness there, but maybe just cut it down by a tiny bit?

0:52 “you kept…” sounds a bit metronomic and with harsh consonants - maybe some careful phoneme replacement would soften it up. Same with “in the end…” maybe too metronomic (if you’re indeed going for realistic)

「いいね!」 1

2:32 “behind” - I might try making the “ah” part of “Behind” longer than the “iy”. And I’d tame the vibrato on that note.

I was using the /ay/ phoneme here. I could have controlled it a bit more with /aa iy/… but I guess I didn’t look into the alternate phonemes deeply enough.

I don’t know what’s up with the voice provider, but putting to monothongs together to simulate a diphthong often ends up introducing an /r/ sound between them. :roll_eyes:

0:32 “watching” sounds sooo…dark? Is there a big gender change there?

Yep. It sounds natural to me, but then, I think that Eleanor tends to sing a bit nasal and shrill. I suspect being a single-pitch voice doesn’t help. Good to have another opinion.

0:40 “sand” is very breathy. I agree with adding breathiness there, but maybe just cut it down by a tiny bit?

Good to know how much is too much. :slight_smile:

0:52 “you kept…” sounds a bit metronomic and with harsh consonants - maybe some careful phoneme replacement would soften it up. Same with “in the end…” maybe too metronomic (if you’re indeed going for realistic)

This was a stylistic choice, but I hear what you’re saying.

I was also trying to for maximum intelligibility here, and kept the /t/ sound. I could have substituted /k eh p/ or even /k eh p d/ (although to get the /d/ to sound, you need to use an alternate /p/ or you get an unvoiced /d/).

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! :grinning:

Yeah, it’s a great song! If I was just listening casually, I might not even notice all that stuff, I just don’t wanna leave someone hanging when they ask for feedback!

「いいね!」 1

I am not a native English speaker…but the soft singing is still very nice, thank you for your creation!
(Translate with translator)

「いいね!」 1

Nevermind the excellent tuning… this is a beautiful original song with lovely melody and chord progressions! Love it.

「いいね!」 1

I am not a native English speaker…but the soft singing is still very nice, thank you for your creation!

謝謝! 我很高興你喜歡它。
(由谷歌翻譯/Translated by Google)

「いいね!」 1

Nevermind the excellent tuning… this is a beautiful original song with lovely melody and chord progressions! Love it.

Glad you liked it, thanks! :smiley:

Nice stuff! I really like the chord progression at 0:58 or so. Bassline is really catchy too; dynamic at times, but doesn’t get in the way.