Inputting more than 2 Japanese characters in a note carrying over to the next one

Hi, I’m Ame.

The title basically says it all. It’s basically the same system that VOCALOID has with lyrics inputting. For those who have not used Vocaloid before, it goes like this:

If you type something like [あの] into one note, の will carry over to the next note. (for romaji, spacing it like [a no] would work the same way)

I’m sort of aware that “Insert Lyrics” existing but making a .svp would be a lot more easier for me if at least an option for this exists.

Thanks.

HI, Ame.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

I believe that the Vocaloid way of doing it may be encumbered by patents, which is probably why SynthV behaves differently from Vocaloid.

SynthV uses the + to indicate that that a syllable is taken from the prior note, while - indicates a note uses the vowel sound of the prior note (a melisma).

So you could write "nico" in one note, and “+” in the next, and the first note would get the syllable “ni”, and the second “co”.

On the other hand, if the note had the lyric “nico”, the next “-”, and the next “+”, the first note would get the syllable “ni”, the second a continuation of the “I” vowel sound, and the third syllable “co”.

Try turning on this option:
(Translate with translator)

「いいね!」 1