SV Pro VST Plugin in Cubase on M1 Mac does not play

Hi,
I have been using SV Pro on a PC so far, and it always worked fine in Cubase.

I just moved to an M1-based MacBook Air. SV Pro, latest version, works fine stand-alone, but as a plugin in Cubase it does not play.

The playhead in the plugin navigates when I move to locator positions in Cubase, but when I hit play in Cubase or th plugin, SV Pro, will not play - no sound played, and the playhead does not move in the plugin.

This is with the latest version 1.3.0.

Thanks for any help!

More information on this.

Playback in the plugin works as long as there is no voice selected for any track, or the cursor is not over any actual notes. Also, the wave form in the plugin does not update when a voice is selected, which seems to indicate that the live rendering somehow hangs.

I also tried this in Logic Pro (AU) and I see the same behavior as in Cubase.

In the stand-alone version, editing and playback (and waveform updates) work just fine.

Dear Dreamtonics team - do you have any comment on this issue? I would be very happy for any workaround…

Thanks!

Dear Dreamtonics team - it’s been a few weeks. Can you give any feedback on this issue? Can you reproduce the problem? Are there any possible workarounds?

Has anybody else tried SV Pro on an M1 Mac, successfully or unsuccessfully? I would love to hear if others have the same problem (SV playing fine in standalone mode, but not playing back as a plugin whenever the cursor gets over an area with actual notes).

Thanks so much!

At present, Synthesizer V Studio has no target for M1 testing and optimization, which will be decided according to future requirements.
(Translate with translator)

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. For what it is worth, the stand-alone version of SV works perfectly fine on M1, as far as I can tell - the problem I have is just with the plugin, inside of Cubase.

I am not even sure that this is an M1 problem, all I can say is that I am seeing the problem on an M1-based MacBook Air. Have you ever seen this symptom on another, non-M1 system? Specifically, that the stand-alone version, using the sam svp file, plays just fine, while the vet version in Cubase does not? If so, is there perhaps a workaround you would recommend?

One more bit of information - for what it is worth:
Without a voice selected (i.e. just with the default sound), playback and live rendering in both Cubase and Logic work fine. Live rendering and playback stop working with any of the voices (I have Eleanor, Saki, and Tsurumaki).
Is it possible that this is a problem with access to the voice data?

Regards,
CS

Sorry to bug you again with this topic.

I re-installed Synth V and the voices, and it seems that the problem almost exclusively occurs with Eleanor Forte Light. The other voices seem to work well enough, both in plugin and standalone. Eleanor Forte causes problem in both stand-alone and VST.

Thanks!