VSTi does not generate audio

Hi,

I recently got Synthesizer V Pro and I’m very happy with the results I can achieve in the editor.
After the upgrade to Pro, I also wanted to try the VST instrument, but unfortunately, it does not generate any audio on my system. I’m on Windows 11, using Studio One 5.5.0 as my main DAW, but the problem is the same with Reaper.

No waveform blobs appear below the notes. If I start playback in my DAW, I see the playhead in the plugin moving, but there’s no sound. I do however hear the preview synth sound when clicking one of the piano keys in the piano roll in the plugin. If I restart the Live Rendering System, my DAW (both Studio One and Reaper) just crashes (infinite loader, task manager shows “not responding”).
If I use SynthV as a separate application, everything works as expected and the blobs appear as soon as I draw a note.

Any support would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Synthesizer V Studio Plugin 1.5.0
Synthesizer V Engine 2.3.2
© 2020, 2021 Dreamtonics Co., Ltd.

== System Info ==
CPU: AuthenticAMD 3753 MHz 8 Cores 16 Threads
CPU Features: SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, FMA3
Memory: 65446 MBytes
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bits
User Language: de
User Region: DE
Installation Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\synthv-studio-plugin-x64.vst3
Application Directory: C:\Users\myname\Documents\Dreamtonics\Synthesizer V Studio

== Type Checks ==
sizeof(int) = 4
sizeof(long) = 4
sizeof(void*) = 8

Report generated at 24 Jan 2022 21:53.
Built on Dec 23 2021.
Double click to copy this report.

「いいね!」 1

I have the exact same issue…
and when i try changing settings, the plugin just crashes the DAW…
I’m using the plugin with Reaper

Same thing happening to me on Ableton Live

I have the same Problem with Version 1.8.0 in Reason 12 and Reaper.
No Sound output and the renderer in SynthV doesn’t generate the Tracks. The Mixdown and Track stay at 0%.
In Standalone the Trackrenderer renders even without notes to 100%

I have the same problem with Version 1.8.1 In Cubase Pro 12, on Windows 10. Still looking for a solution!

I got this same issue, although with me the vocal was working until I did a copy and paste. I pasted in the wrong place and so did an undo with ctl-z, but then the generated vocals disapeared. I could see the notes on the matrix edit, but no waveform and no sound.

I then tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin but that didn’t work. Then I deleted the channel and started again. But this time I was unable even to input notes on the editor.

I only just purchased the product but it’s kind of unusable at the moment.

Could someone from SynthV respond to this please?

Edited to add:

I’m using it as a plugin in Cubase 10 pro, with the Kevin voice pack

Edited to add more:

Playing with this thing some more I’ve decided to try for a refund. Very annoyed because the voicepack sounds great when it actually works.

“Still looking for a solution!”

Don’t suppose you managed to find one, did you?

Actually, I did find a solution that is working so far. (However, I haven’t used it intensively since then.)
I “de authorized”, or whatever it is called, Synth V and completely uninstalled it. (Working on Windows, I use the free Revo Uninstaller for a complete removal.)
I reinstalled it and suddenly it worked ok in my Cubase Pro 12!
Still, I am no sure if I will use it fully within Cubase, since all seems a bit slow sometimes and I fear losing my work. But it is better than nothing, and I can later do more detailed work with the standalone.
Good luck!

I also think that they will improve the VST gradually. But keep in mind it is almost a one-man project, so it may take some time. But I think the product is so impressive that I intend to stick with it!