(Resolved? Kinda?) Kevin Deactivates Everything (Previously: False "This activation code is for another product." Help?)

This is my first time putting anything up on this forum, so I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing, but I just want to know if anyone else has encountered this, and if/how they’ve solved it.

So, I just got the two new male banks, Kevin and Ryo. I decided to get them through AHS instead of the new Dreamtonics store, mainly because I’ve gotten a couple banks from AHS before, and I’m pretty comfortable with the way their order process is. I bought them, got the download links and activation codes, got the emails, all that good stuff. The thing is, when I went to install and activate the first one, and put in what was given to me as the corresponding activation code, it gave me the message “this activation code is for another product.” I tried installing the second one, and the same thing happened. I tried swapping the codes (used the code I was given for the first on the second, and vice versa), that didn’t work either. The worst part is that now whenever I try to open Synth V Studio, the activation window comes up (with that message), and basically only gives me the “cancel” option, which closes the program entirely. In short, this has made Synth V Studio literally unusable.

I’m currently in the process of making an AHS user account (which I probably should’ve done already) so that I can get access to customer support. In the meantime, though, I figured I might as well ask for help here. I feel like I could be missing some kind of solution, but I can’t for the life figure out what.

Also, just for extra clarification/info, I guess, I’m using Synthesizer V Studio Pro, and I’ve got a lot of full voice banks installed in there, so I’m kind of hesitant to do a reinstall. Like, there’s a chance it could fix whatever this is, but I haven’t actually gone through that process before, so I don’t really know what I’d be getting into.

Installing and activating Kevin on my machine deactivated all the other licenses.

I suspect something similar happened to you.

I had to reauthorize all my products again.

I sent an email to Dreamtonic requesting they reset my activation counts. I’ve seen no response yet.

I’d like to purchase more voices, but I’m worried that the same thing will happen again when I install another voice.

「いいね!」 1

Hey, thanks for the response. It looks like I actually completely misdiagnosed the problem. I just got a second pair of eyes on my issue, and turns out it’s exactly what you described.

As soon as I tried installing Kevin, everything got deactivated including Synth V Studio Pro itself. So… that’s why the licensing thing came up whenever I opened the program… and why it said the code I put in (my code for Kevin or Ryo) was for a different product. It was. I guess I was right when I thought I was missing something important.

So, I’ve reactivated my editor, now time to reactivate everything else I guess.

But, seriously, thank you for responding when you did, that was a big help.

「いいね!」 1

I’m glad this solved the problem.

The only question - and you can answer it - is whether this happens only when you authorize Kevin, or if it will happen again when you authorize Ryo.

As I understand it (translation: “I could be wrong about this…” ) is that there are only 3 activations per code (unless you deactivate it), and I don’t know if this glitch deactivated the products properly. So the authorization count may now be down one more than it should because of this glitch.

I can’t tell, because I don’t see any way to get the authorization count in SynthesizerV.

So let me know if this happens again when you install Rho, because that’s also on my purchase list.

Thanks!   :grinning:

「いいね!」 1

I installed and activated Ryo right after I got Kevin to properly install, and it doesn’t seem like anything got deactivated again. So, thankfully, I can pretty safely say Ryo didn’t cause me any trouble. Though I don’t know if that would be different or not if someone were installing Ryo without the aftermath of Kevin.

Also, the interesting thing about what happened with Kevin is that I don’t think I was even able to get to Kevin’s authorization pop-up. Looking back, when I ran Kevin’s installer, Synth V opened up and there was immediately an authorization pop-up. I thought at the time that it was for Kevin, but it had to have been for the Pro editor itself. Everything probably got deactivated as soon as the installer opened the editor. I don’t really have a point with this, I just think it’s interesting.

Thanks!

I got this response from Dreamtonics:

We are sorry for the inconvenience. However, you can simply recover your activation status on your original devices using your original Activation code.

So it looks like re-authorization using the original codes is all that needs to be done. :smiley: