Best English voices

Getting Dictionaries to work is actually not that hard; it’s more convenient than downloading the ones I found ( Make Interlingual tuning easier. | synthv-dictionaries ) due to Github’s odd way to handle textdocuments.

The process goes: You download the files, put them into the correct sub-folders of the Dreamtonics-folder and activate them whenever needed for the responding Voicebank.

(That books-icon in SynthV, if you need some visual cue. You can imagine the process as putting a dictionary into a girl’s / boy’s hands who have zero idea about foreign languages.)

Should you initially have zero Dictionaries-folders (just as in my case), you can create the folders manually or via Synthesizer V by choosing the right Voicebank plus telling the program to make a new Dictionary.

That’s something I can test later. For now I try to figure out the standard stuff first. If I understand correctly does a dictionary make that he or she can sing in another language or is this just to improve pronunciation?

A dictionary is a mapping between a word and the phonemes.

So you could use a dictionary to have custom pronunciation of words, or a mapping of Spanish words to English phonemes.

So it can sort of allow singing in another language, but you’re still restricted to a supported language’s set of phonemes.

Ok, thanks for explaining.

I bought Kevin yesterday out of frustration not being able to buy Muxin. In my opinion Muxin is very good in the higher regions and the pronunciation is also ok I think.

I tried a few things out with Kevin and his voice can be easily adjusted. There’s even a video of him sounding like Rick Astley. Kevin’s pronunciation isn’t very good compared to Solaria, but that could be due to my limited skills :slight_smile:

Muxin is currently only available as a Standard-Voicebank, though.
》He and the other Medium5-characters will get updated, so-called AI-trained Plus Voicebanks, but there’s currently no date given for their release.

「いいね!」 2

About SynthV AI singers, I think there is no “best” English female voice, but suitable timbre for your song type.

I own Eleanor Forte AI , ANRI AI, and Solaria AI . I have made some cover songs singed by Eleanor Forte and ANRI. Without tuning,

• Eleanor Forte seems a Mezzo Soprano Irish folk song singer just like Celtic Woman or The Gothard Sisters . Her vocal is soft,warm and not so powerful.

• ANRI seems a innocent teen soprano.

• Solaria ? She is a powerful pop song singer!

I am still writing song for Solaria. About Eleanor Forte and ANRI. I have made 2 cover song videos .

Scarborough Fair

Silent Night , Mandarlin version (powered by cross-lingual ,their Mandarin pronunciationare are so good! )

I think Forte and ANRI “sisters” are quite suitable to join church choir , and Eleanor Forte can sing for some Irish tap dance show. :slight_smile:

「いいね!」 2

Great answer - thanks. I’m new to Synthesizer-V and this is extremely helpful.

You referred to people who can make some of the voices sound great - I was wondering if you were aware of any specific tutorials from any of them? My results are okay, but don’t seem to match what I’m hearing.

No specific tutorials, but those people are active and share their tips and insights here:

:slight_smile: Good luck!

P.s:
Some of the best sounding ones make use of this script

There’s tutorials on how to use it on YouTube, but it basically let’s you “copy” a real singer’s singing style to make your voice bank sound even more realistic.

An example of someone who used this can be found here:

「いいね!」 4

Amazing. Thank you!

With my limited experience of the free voicebanks, Solaria is top of the English ones and I’ve had some success getting a passable male(ish) vocal sound out of it. There may well be better VBs among the paid selection, but part of my experiment with Synth V was to see what can be accomplished with the free stuff, and so far it’s very impressive.
Cakewalk by Bandlab has an excellent De-Esser plugin (VX-64 Vocal Strip). All free, if you don’t mind doing a little post-production.

「いいね!」 1