Is there a way to input Triplets?

There doesn’t seem to be any kind of input available to create triplets in Synthv. For clarity, a triplet is three evenly spaced notes in the space of a beat in a measure.

I was trying to cover this song with Solaria: Carole & Tuesday - Angela “Light a Fire” (HD with ENG SUBS) - YouTube

There are some triplets at 00:29; the words “all by my” and “self in the” are each triplet clusters. It would be counted “tri-pah-let tri-pah-let” over those 2 beats. But there’s no way for me to chart this correctly in synthv.

Am I missing something obvious? I can’t seem to find any information about this anywhere online or previously posted in this forum. It’s hard to believe I’m the first person who has encountered this, but there’s truly nothing available on the topic. Any thoughts, suggestions, or general chatter is very appreciated.

Thanks

Assuming SynthV pro …
Have you looked under the drop-down menu for “View” - there is "snapping, set it to 1/12 quarter or even fully off - would that work for you?

Actually, I just looked at SynthV Editor and it is available there as well :grinning:

I’m definitely still a noob to the program, but I’ve studied music for a good bit of my life. :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried messing with that snapping setting, maybe that’s exactly what I need. I’ll take a look at it once I’m in front of my home PC.

Is SynthV Editor a separate program/extension or something that comes with the base program?

It’s the free version, pro has to be paid for but gives more control.
I’m still getting my head around the program myself and this forum is a goldmine (and major distraction when you start listening to everyone else’s songs).
Carole and Tuesday - love that series, seen it all twice - the songs in that all really inspire me. Hope to hear your cover version in due course ?

Ah, okay! Thank you, you’ve been very helpful. :slight_smile: I’m relieved that there’s actually an active forum for this exact sort of thing.

Love love love Carole and Tuesday, seriously a beautiful, emotional show for me. I’m hoping to cover a bunch of songs using Solaria, as I think her vb is really suited to their voices(Angela’s especially.) I’ll be sure to share here as I complete them :slight_smile:

「いいね!」 1

To be clear:

Synthesizer V Editor - The original release from 2018, sometimes referred to as “SynthV R1” or “generation 1”, which has since been discontinued.
Synthesizer V Studio Basic Edition - The current product released in 2020, freely available with some functional limitations; primarily a limit on the number of tracks in a project and lack of user scripts and cross-lingual synthesis.
Synthesizer V Studio Pro - Paid version of the current product with all features unlocked.

「いいね!」 5

Newcomer here. Did this work for triplets?

Yes, setting the grid snapping to a denominator divisible by three (such as 1/6 or 1/12) will allow for triplets.

「いいね!」 3