[Guide] How to Purchase, Download, and Install Synthesizer V Studio and Voice Databases

Since this is a pinned and important thread, I reckon people would be more likely to view it first.

For anyone concerned about the Dreamtonics store not supporting Paypal, they now do due to popular demand.

「いいね!」 3

So I just recently got a chrome book and I’m having trouble getting Linux to install the pro edition. What exact command lines am I supposed to use? (First time using Linux and it’s a little confusing)

I’m not sure I understand the question. All of the steps under the “Linux Installation” section have the appropriate commands listed (steps 3-7).

Which part are you having issues with? Additionally, which Linux distribution are you using?

Edit: I just remembered that there are multiple ways of using Linux on Chromebook, can you also specify which method you used to install Linux? (ie Crostini, Crouton, etc)

Sorry I should have been more specific

So I downloaded Synth v pro in linux through the confirmation email but when I go into the terminal to input the commands it says “can not find or open” I turned on Linux through the developer settings on my computer and I believe I followed all the steps to setting it up properly (but I could be wrong) I think I have a Debian 10 (buster) environment (not sure what that means)

1. Verify that the zip file is where you expect using the ls command. ls lists the contents of a folder. You can check the contents of your downloads folder with this command:

ls ~/Downloads

The ~ is shorthand for your home directory, and /Downloads refers to the folder name. This will show you a list of files and folders within the Downloads folder in your home directory (which is where most web browsers put downloaded files by default).

1. Make sure you are using the correct file name. The examples above are for the Basic edition and Eleanor Forte lite, but the file names will be different if you are using the Pro edition and different voices. For example:

unzip ~/Downloads/svstudio-pro-linux64.zip

Edit: Additionally, which tutorial did you follow to get Linux running? Did you install a GUI (Graphical User Interface) at the same time? The Linux environment is running inside ChromeOS, but it’s still a separate operating system that can’t easily use your ChromeOS desktop. It’s kind of like having two computers running on the same laptop.

For this reason, if you don’t have a Linux desktop set up it has nowhere to show you graphical applications like SynthV Studio. This also means that if you download files with the ChromeOS web browser they will be in the ChromeOS downloads folder, not the Linux downloads folder. You would need to download them with the Linux web browser instead (probably Firefox by default). If you need to install a desktop GUI, try a tutorial like this one:

For updating OP: Qing Su, Mo Chen, An Xiao, and Feng Yi are now available via AH-Software. The only Dreamtonics vocal missing now is Weina.

Yuma and Natalie are available via Dreamtonics International and Taobao, as well as AH-Software.

All of them are eligible for starter packs via Dreamtonics International, Dreamtonics Taobao, and AH-Software.

I don’t know if it should be included, but XIA YU YAO is available for digital pre-order as well via VOICEMITH

https://www.voicemith.com/yaoaipreorder/

Honestly, I should have just come here instead of necroing their individual threads LOL
So sorry about that orz

「いいね!」 2

Here’s something REALLY interesting: Crypton Future Media (known for producing Hatsune Miku, the Kagamines, Megurine Luka, MEIKO, and KAITO) is selling the Synthesizer V products on their Sonicwire store. The update is mainly for AH-Software products (including distribution rights, so this involves products like Kevin and Genbu for example). They also added VOICEROID and CeVIO too!

Regarding Synthesizer V, it’s for the following:

• Synthesizer V Studio editor
  • GENBU
  • Saki
  • Kotonoha Akane and Aoi
  • Koharu Rikka
  • Tsurumaki Maki (Japanese and English)
  • Tsuina-chan
  • Kyomachi Seika
  • Kevin
  • Ryo
  • Natsuki Karin
  • Hanakuma Chifuyu

This does NOT include the Chinese Dreamtonics vocals, which were added to AHS recently. Only the ones listed above for now.

Link is here (please keep in mind that it seems to only be compatible with the Japanese version of the site rather than English?):

「いいね!」 2

SOLARIA was just added to Dreamtonics Taobao as a standalone digital product and as a starter back with the Pro editor!

Source: Sina Visitor System

Standalone: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=689937565236
Starter pack: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=661626677576

「いいね!」 2

Xia Yu Yao AI《遙YAO》will be releasing soon. These are the relevant links for Voicemith:

Voicemith website: https://www.voicemith.com/

Online store (Taiwan only) - https://voicemithshop.cashier.ecpay.com.tw/

International purchasing via PayPal - VOICEMITH

For customer support, the email listed on the shop is [email protected]. There is a separate email listed on their main website; [email protected].

「いいね!」 1

When I double click the .svpk file it brings up a list of apps to open the file with. None are Synthesizer V so I go to more apps and select the Synthesizerv.exe and it opens a new instance, but does not load the voice. When I try dragging the .svpk onto the app it give me a red crossed out circle. Dropping it in the SynthV window does nothing. No prompt for a code appears. You talk about a “voice installer” but I see none in the “Where to download free componenets” or in the folder where SynthV is installed. No “voice installer” seems to pop up when I do a search.

What am I missing here?

Using windows 11 latest version, Ryzen 5900x, RTX 3060, using Synthesizer V Build 018

The “voice installer” is just a popup that appears when you follow the instructions, not a separate piece of software.

The executable is synthv-studio.exe, not synthesizerv.exe. You probably installed the wrong software. Go back to the start of the guide and read the A brief note about “Synthesizer V Editor” vs “Synthesizer V Studio” section, then install Synthesizer V Studio.

Thank you it’s working now. What happened was I did a google search for “Synthezier V” and click on the link that popped up which was “Synthesizer V - Official Website”. On this site I clicked on the Sythesizer V logo on the top left and explored the web page. After looking it over the whole site seeing no link to anything else I clicked the big Download button in the top right which I clicked on thinking this is the software. I then skipped to Windows Install on the Guide seeing as how I already thought I downloaded it. If you changed the old site to have some link to “dreamtonics.com” that would be great or change the old software to say “this is old software please go to dreamtonics dot com to download new software” that would cut out the confusion. Putting the following in the guide under the install section would also solve the problem. “If you see a red circle with a slash through it or it does nothing when dragging the .svpk file you probably accidentally downloaded the old version of Synthesizer V. Please follow the download link in the Where to download free components section of this Guide.”

I’m just a user, I have no control over the Dreamtonics website, and I can no longer edit the guide since Discourse locks posts once they reach a certain age.

The guide does specifically go over the difference between the two applications though, which should be sufficient for the vast majority of cases where people follow it from the start.

I did send an email to Dreamtonics a while back requesting that the first-generation site be removed from Google Search results and have a notice added somewhere prominent on the page, but they never responded or acted on that feedback.

Extra big thank you as being only a user. I see your posts everywhere here I thought you worked there. Hopefully anyone else confused can read these posts now and figure it out.

I’m having lots of fun using this software now.

Struggling with the Linux install on my Garuda (Arch derivative) desktop - to install into /opt/ I had to extract it as the root user, then I am able to run the pro version but it doesn’t seem to want to phone home and save the activation. When using the software, I go into licenses and updates, click on the Synthesizer V Studio and the status shows “Paid product - not activated”. When I click activate and paste the activation code that was emailed to me into the view, it shows “activated successfully” but then never seems to update in the settings that it was activated.

Got any ideas on how to fix this or should I reach out to the Dreamtonics team?

If I were to guess I’d say it’s probably a folder permissions issue, but the best course of action for activation-related issues is usually to contact Dreamtonics ([email protected]).

「いいね!」 1

Fixed by installing into a folder that isn’t controlled by root. Little awkward to have it in my downloads folder, but it works

「いいね!」 1

Ah, that makes sense, so in that case the simplest answer would be to put SynthV Studio in a user-owned directory like you’ve done. Anywhere in your home directory (~) should work by default.

If you wanted to install it elsewhere you’d likely need to change its ownership. For example, assuming the desired username and group are both “user” and the extracted location is /opt:

sudo chown -R user:user "/opt/Synthesizer V Studio Pro"

「いいね!」 2

Hi Claire
Is it worth noting that Windows users should maybe try installing as Administrator to overcome any access issues that might impact functionality?
GBT

「いいね!」 1

Unfortunately I can’t update this guide because Discourse (the forum hosting platform) locks posts once they reach a month old. I’ve added a “troubleshooting” section to the web-based user manual with that recommendation though :+1:

「いいね!」 2