TL;DR summary: downgrade to V1.61 if you still have the old installer files. Fortunately I’ve saved mine (and the voice databases) into a dedicated backup-folder just in case.
My problems (with the VSTi at least):
- random results. Example: I have a song which has 2x the text “many drinks”. The first one sounds right, the second one sounds “nrinks”, no matter what I try. Yes, there’s NO “d” in there. In this (easy) case I was able to fix that by spelling it “trinks”. In other cases there was NO solution at all
- I had to fix about 20 of those issues just to notice that when I re-listen to the song additional NEW problems showed up
- and now the BIG showstopper: after I had (more or less) fixed everything and it sounded almost good again in my DAW I rendered the song to disk and there were again NEW issues.
I have wasted about 12 hours trying to get the sound back I already had and it never worked 100%, so I went back to the 1.6.1 version.
Steps to go back to V1.61:
- locate the old V1.61 setup file. The setup-file is always named svstudio-pro-setup.exe, so you have to start it to see which version it is. Cancel the installation after you’ve found the version number
- uninstall Synthesizer V
- there’s no uninstall entry for the voice databases, so you have to do this “by hand”: locate the folder with the voice databases, it’s a folder named “databases” and usually somewhere under “Program Files”. Delete or rename that folder.
- install and register the old version of Synthesizer V and the old voice databases. Do NOT install the voice databases into the old folder, create/chose a different one. Attention: I’ve also tried V1.61 with the newest voice databases, and it crashed my DAW when I loaded the old projects.
So, I hope that this helps someone to NOT waste as much time as I did.
I will just add:
- if you follow the above process, remember to deactivate your products first
- it is highly recommend to deactivate and uninstall the voices before uninstalling SynthV Studio itself.
Voice uninstallation is done via the License and Updates panel in the SynthV Studio UI, not with an executable uninstaller.
If you do not properly deactivate voices before uninstalling, or if you remove the folder from the filesystem manually without deactivating, your activation code may permanently end up with one fewer uses.
Can anybody who has tested this confirm that my problems are fixed with the final version of Synth V Studio 1.7.1?
Since Update 1.7.0 / 1.7.1 all saved projects sound significantly different. Expression, dynamic everything sounds different… pure horror. I would prefer to downgrade, but I only have setup version 1.6.0 - the update after that would then be lost. It’s a pity that Dreamtronic doesn’t make the old versions available.
Hi, I have a couple of projects that uses the release version of Solaria (I think its 101) under SynthV Pro 1.6.1
I’ve noticed 1.7.1 lets you install multiple versions of a singer. Can anyone confirm if Solaria v101 sounds different between 1.6.1 and 1.7.1? Asking because I’d really love to get Natalie soon, but am put off by the possibility of my previous projects messing up if I upgrade.
I have Solaria 101 in the new update (1.7.1) and she sounds the same.
Luckily somewhere in this forum I was able to find an installer for 1.6.1 so I can breathe a little easier knowing I can go back if needed.
Alright just opened a project I used Solaria v101+editor 1.6.1 on, now with the update.
She sounded weird at first but after clicking the “database version” and selecting 101 she went back to how she originally sounded in this project.
I am VERY relieved. Thanks again!
Yes, she is set to 106 by default every time you open the program (don’t know if this can be changed), so she will sound weird until you change her back to 101 or 104.
Final update: I’ve installed Synth V 1.71, and unlike 1.70 when you select an older version of a voice database it indeed sounds as before, the problems they’ve introduced with 1.70 are gone.
Thank you very much for these instructions!
It is a horror for me that the random seed function is disabled and I’m so glad to have it back through your posting!