Any news on Genbu AI?

I know that a crowdfund was going to be launched for him at some point, and that it allegedly had to stop because of some conflict with permissions. Has there been any news, on either the Virvox twitter or otherwise?

when will my favorite voicebank type come back from the war …

「いいね!」 2

There has been no news since August 2021. VirVox hasn’t even mentioned Genbu’s name on Twitter in almost a year.

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3AVirVox_pjt%20genbu&src=typed_query&f=live

When in doubt, you can usually find the latest news on the wiki:

「いいね!」 2

Regarding the Wiki, we moved Genbu AI to “Unknown status” and left it ambiguous because we also don’t know what’s going on with him. Given the initial announcement, it seemed that he was going to full AI route, not Plus. So it’s best not to refer to him as Genbu Plus ;w;/

「いいね!」 3

That’s a good point, the only group that ever mentioned the concept of “Plus” voice databases was Quadimension, so it’s unlikely that any other groups were even considering it as an option.

「いいね!」 3

Good to know that, I’ve also edited the topic title so as not to accidentally mislead anybody. Fingers crossed in the meantime, I’m still really holding out for this :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

「いいね!」 4

I think this would be a fair enough topic to serve as his information thread. VirVox Project just announced that they’re planning to create AI singing voices in 2023 as part of their goals (please note that this is premature and that the process to create the libraries is a rocky one). They also did not specify that it’s for GENBU (it could be the other cast members) and did not confirm the engine, so it might not be for Synthesizer V AI.

「いいね!」 3

This has me very excited! I hope they’ll stick to SynthV because CeVIO is quite gnarly to work in I feel.

If it comes to fruition I’ll buy Genbu AI (presuming it’s not a free upgrade to Genbu) and Seiryuu the second they’re released. I love Seiryuu’s voice, it’s fantastic.

「いいね!」 4

Bless you for replying with this update! I am deeply hoping that it’s SynthV GENBU AI they’re pushing for; I would throw down money for that in a heartbeat. Though I wouldn’t count it as a loss if some of their other voices got singing AIs.

「いいね!」 2