Now that we have everything...... (feature suggestion: Vocal sample to SVP transcription)

Now that we have everything and coders like nothing more than a challenge, wouldn’t it be cool if we could sing into synth V and produce la-las as we can now with midi? With the “final” frontier being the ability to recognize what is being sung and lay down lyrics instead of la-las. This would reduce the workflow tremendously and I don’t care how much cpu something like that would require.

Kanru and Co, you know what to do. :wink:

「いいね!」 3

i actually think theres a user made plugin for something like that but i completely forgot the name of it, i could try asking around if your curious?

「いいね!」 2

You might be thinking of RealVoice which imports pitch and timing data from vocal recordings to SynthV Studio, but still involves many manual steps (GitHub - hataori-p/real-voice: Scripts for working with a real voice in Synthesizer V Studio Pro)

I believe the suggestion here is direct lyric and pitch transcription into SVP format, which would be a neat feature but I’m not sure it would be worth diverting efforts from the core functionality of the product (unless Dreamtonics is doing well enough to hire on new staff, I suppose).

「いいね!」 4

Ooooh Thanks, I’ll try that. Man I need to get out more.

I do already have Praat. So I’ll give it a go

I got lost with Praat and gave up.

I too think this is a good idea and a worthy effort for the developers. Ease of input and creation will hopefully be a priority for the team.

I am new to Synth V and was showing it off to a fellow music producer and he made the same suggestion as the original poster. The ability to be able to sing in a rough vocal and have the program recognize the pitch, timing and lyrics as a starting point. While I agree with Claire that this would require a huge amount of effort, I can’t help but think that this would be a huge workflow enhancement. Overall, I think improving the quality and expressiveness (adding grit, rasp and shred) of the voicebanks should be the developers primary focus, but I also think that ideas like this are great to put on their radar. With machine learning growing at its current pace, it is only a matter of time before someone develops this type of functionality.