Request for quote on custom voices

I have some funds set aside for a project to create a voice for Synthesizer V based on two friends of mine that are professional opera singers (USA): a baritone and a soprano. Both are ready to record what is need to create the voice database, but I lack the expertise to create the voice myself. If you would kindly let me know if an arrangement can be made whereby I supply you with recordings of contracted singers made specifically for the process of turning them into Synthesizer V voice bands, and you do what is needed to turn it into a product.

I would need to know what the upfront cost per voice would be, and could a partial upfront plus a percentage of sales arrangement work?

Anyone in the forum who has the ability to create a voice (with demonstrated experience), feel free to reply or DM.

Regards,
Richard deCosta
Turing Opera Workshop

There is no support for user-made SynthV voice databases. If you want to pursue that process you would need to contact Dreamtonics directly ([email protected]).

While the exact process and licensing costs are not publicly available, you can probably infer a rough expectation based on past crowdfunding campaigns (considering that there are multiple components to the total, including licensing, development, paying the voice providers, etc.).

Solaria’s goal was 40k USD with a final total closer to 50k raised.

The goals for Natsuki Karin and Hanakuma Chifuyu were ¥6.8M each (approx. 50k USD), though in this case the crowdfunding campaign was related to AHS (one of Dreamtonics’ main partners) and also was to fund a CeVIO Talk voice for each character, so the funding goals may be less indicative of the actual cost of producing just the SynthV AI voice.

2 Likes

Good luck with your project Richard. I think the Synth V technology is great but the software will only get better as more and more people begin to develop voicebanks with voice talents from various genres. I hope that the licensing prices aren’t too high as to discourage new individuals from getting involved in projects like yours.

1 Like