New to Synth V - Started Tweaking But Need Some Tips

Hi, I’m new to the forums and Synth V. Feel free to call me Sen.

I’m starting my journey with the Studio Pro and three voice banks : Natsuki Karin AI, Koharu Rikka AI, and Genbu. I was this close to buying Kyoumachi Seika as well… maybe next time.

While I want to eventually create my own songs with these vocals, I figured that I should get some practice in first by covering a few songs. To this note, I have chosen to play with Karin and Rikka’s Mandarin capabilities, and am creating a cover of 银临 and 云の泣’s beautiful song, 錦鯉抄. Anyone who has any advice for me in this going forward, please offer it.

I’ll go over the manual in due time, but until then, there were two things that I was wondering.
1 ) How can I slow the playback speed for more precise editing?
2 ) Is there a way to zoom in on a particular track (in this case the instrumental) so that I can more clearly visualise the audio?
3 ) 陪, which comes out as [ ph e :\i ] in phonetics, sounds more like a “b” than a “p”. What am I doing wrong?

There is no official manual for SynthV Studio. If you do read the online manual, be aware that it was written for the legacy version of Synthesizer V which is a completely separate application and has since been discontinued.

There is no way to playback at a slower speed. You could alter the tempo, but this will also change how the notes sound rather than playing the same thing slower.

One option might be to use the VST version and play at a slower speed via your DAW’s controls, if this is supported by your DAW.

Scroll the mouse wheel while holding ctrl to zoom horizontally. There is no vertical zoom.

Especially when using cross-lingual synthesis, some voice databases might not articulate certain sounds correctly (especially when the two sounds are similar, such as b and p). There are two main ways to address this:

1. Create a separate note in front of the e :\i one with just a p phoneme, and set that first note to Japanese instead of Mandarin Chinese. This will use the voice database’s native pronunciation, which will generally improve clarity.
  2. Experiment with the attack of the note by using the Pitch Deviation parameter. Sometimes if you have a rising or falling pitch when entering the note, it will affect how the initial consonant (such as p and b) is pronounced.
「いいね!」 3