Is there already a script or tool that can read a Cubase tempo file and add/adjust the tempo markers in a Synthesizer-V project file accordingly? It’s easy to do, since both are JSON files, but if somebody has already done the job, I would like to avoid the work.
Sorry, correction: The Cubase file is XML. But still easy to do.
Do you really need to process a Cubase tempo file? You can import tempo changes/markers from a midi file as well.
- Find a track without midi events (or create a new track)
- SOLO it
- Export > MIDI File…
- Save the project that needs the tempo changes
- Import… (the empty track from) the midi file with the tempo changes/markers
- Import as Tracks… your project
- Delete the empty (last) track
Yes, I do need a direct SMT to tempo markers conversion tool, for various reasons, two of them being:
- Having to create and export a MIDI file each time is too much hassle.
- When the tempo track changes in the Cubase project, I need a way to overwrite the existing tempo markers in my Synth-V project.
I described a way to “update” tempo markes in existing projects, but if the export is to much hassle, this of course won’t help.
Please keep us updated about your progress …