How to double vocals

What is the best way to create vocal doubles? I think duplicating and creating a new take of the whole gives good results but I’m afraid this creates phasing issues.

「いいね!」 1

I usually just offset the second vocal by a few and make sure they meet at the same ending phrases.

「いいね!」 2

Offsetting is a good idea and change some of the tone settings slightly as well. If you want it to sound like a completely different person then you should also change the way the voice sings the part with slight variations in pitch and timing.

「いいね!」 2

Last night I had a case of mess-arounditis and used Solaria as the main track and Eleanor as the second with no offset at all.

That worked pretty darn good.

「いいね!」 4

Did you program them separately or did you program one, then duplicate the track and change the voice?

I duplicated the track then changed the voice for that duplicated track to Eleanor. Sounds more like two chicks singin but I just snuck it in under Solaria’s panned it slightly off center, and it thickens up the lead.

「いいね!」 2

Use this :slight_smile:
You must have previously activated the “Instant Mode”, just modify the parameters a little, and “Generate Take”. And There you go :slight_smile:
If you don’t want “instant mode” to affect your tracks, set everything to -100.

Et voilà :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 17.35.42

「いいね!」 2

Hi lolosound,
I guess you may want to try another vocal, There are some trail or free light version vocal from Synthesizer V, and the SOLARIA has a light version which you can use for double vocal.
I used the new Weina as lead vocal and the free Chiyu as double vocal. As well as some other free as ad-libs and doowops.
Hope this will be useful for you.

「いいね!」 1

There are plugins that deal with this problem specifically.

A simple and easy to use plugin is a mono to stereo plugin that specifically states it resolves phasing problems.

I don’t remember the name, as I simply do multiple takes of live artists.

edit: The plugin you want to try out is stereomaker, and monomaker is similarly used esp. on electric piano (rhodes) to resolve phasing issues.

「いいね!」 1