The Unofficial SynthV Studio User Manual

Given the absence of official and up-to-date documentation for Synthesizer V Studio, I’ve created this unofficial user manual.

It currently contains descriptions and screenshots of most features in SynthV Studio, though there’s still more to be added over the coming weeks.

Please let me know if you have any feedback or notice any incorrect information.

「いいね!」 71

We’re not worthy, Thank you Claire!

「いいね!」 6

I’ve been a SynthV fan for a long time, but your dedication will always amaze me Claire :slight_smile:

I stopped making tutorials for SynthV when youtube deleted my content, how? why? I will never know.

Thanks Claire :slight_smile:

「いいね!」 3

Stunning work for the common good! Thank you ever so much! :+1: :heart_hands:

「いいね!」 3

Thank you Claire. You rock! Even a super-quick scan has revealed a handful of helpful things I didn’t know. Will be reading in detail this afternoon!

「いいね!」 2

Thank you very much for the hard work. I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

「いいね!」 2

Thank you so much for this, you are helpful as always. Thank you!

「いいね!」 2

Thanks for all the work that’s gone into this! :+1:

I see that you’ve got a “Primary Parameter” and “Secondary Parameter” in the Parameters panel.

The help text in the UI refer to these as the “foreground” and “background” parameters. However, the UI widgets are labeled “Edit” and “Display”, indicating the which parameter can be edited with the tools, and which is display only.

To make things more confusing, these are called “Automation” in the API. :crazy_face:

Perhaps you could use the names they are given on the screen instead - “Edit Parameter” and “Display Parameter”.

The descriptions might then be:

The “Edit Parameter” is the bright set of control points/curve that can be edited with the parameter tools. The “Display Parameter” is the parameter displayed as a dim set of control points/curve. The “Edit Parameter” and “Display Automation” can be the same parameter.

「いいね!」 4

Yeah that’s a good point. I think I’ll have to do a couple revisions to align on the “proper” terminology. I think I inadvertently did the same with “points” vs “nodes” so that section could do with a bit of cleanup (especially since “nodes” vs “notes” can be awkward for readability).

Technically the tools are also the “Multi-editing Tool” and “Freehand Tool” but in that case I changed it to “Pointer” and “Pencil” intentionally because I felt those terms would be more memorable and easy to understand from a new-user perspective. Not sure if I’ll revise the tool names for that reason, but I might change my mind later in an effort to be consistent with Dreamtonics’ naming :sweat_smile:.

「いいね!」 4

Thanks so much Claire. Your clever and kind.

「いいね!」 3

This is excellent! Thanks a lot! :sparkling_heart:

「いいね!」 3

Big thank you for your work, highly appreciated.

「いいね!」 3

First question - how do I install it? Answer: read Claire’s manual, page 1.
This is SO useful!!!
(To start with, I had downloaded the wrong version!)

thanksssssssss!

「いいね!」 2

Sincerely thank you for your dedication and efforts to the community, excellent guide.

「いいね!」 3

Thank you Claire; very useful indeed :+1: :+1: Your dedication is inspirational!

「いいね!」 3

WOW, that’s a LOT of work
Now I finally know what Detuned Notes are, - Yeah!
Hope Dreamtonics is not going to make your life a living hell changing on the fly - :fearful:

「いいね!」 2

Great stuff Claire, straightforward and clean layout. Good search function. Pretty much “official” for me :wink:

「いいね!」 2

Where is the manual? I can’t see it or download it

「いいね!」 1

Scroll up and click the link in the first post at the top of this thread.

「いいね!」 1

Thank you Claire!!

「いいね!」 2