upgrade from 1.7.0 to 1.8.1 question

Just wondering…if I upgrade from 1.7.0 to 1.8.1 would my (Solaria) voice tracks sound exactly the same?
I mean all my tuning, pronunciation, articulations, automation, etc…I spent a long time doing all that…
If yes…all good…but if no…can I revert to 1.7.0 for the old sound? Or even better, can I select which
version I want to use…Sorry, I could not find any clear info regarding this…and I read in this forum all
kind of horror stories associated with upgrades like this…Thank you…your thoughts are appreciated…

「いいね!」 1

If you keep the installer for the old version you can downgrade by running it normally (you might need to also downgrade the voice database installation as well, since the ability to select voice versions was only introduced in 1.7.1).

That said, most people will not notice significant difference using the same project between versions as long as the voice database version is the same. There will be subtle differences, but most people find the voice database version makes the most noticeable difference.

1.7.0 was generally the one version that sounds the most different from the rest though. Even going from 1.6.1 to 1.8.1 would probably be less of a difference than with 1.7.0, because that version caused a lot of people to have issues with very inconsistent vocal dynamics (which prompted the release of 1.7.1 soon after to resolve the problems).

So while my first comments should be true in most cases, the fact that you’re starting at 1.7.0 might mean your experience is different. Definitely make sure you keep the old installer in case you need to downgrade.

「いいね!」 1

Thank you Claire…I’ll go ahead with the upgrade and share my experience with everyone…