help for extracting pitch from vocal performances?

hehe your translation is fine, don’t worry! Dreamtonics has never been strict about what individual users do. If you emailed them for permission, they would probably say “yes”.

Tools and technology are great - and of course no one should “wait” to play with SynthV. But to keep going with your example - I also warn people not to rely too much on it, because of how many errors are often IN the sheet music!

「いいね!」 1

I would use Reaper. The tuner facility has pitch to midi and can be auto tuned to pull wavering notes into line. Also use the quantising feature to help with note lengths. I use it sometimes with violin tracks to add some underlying synth.

「いいね!」 1

As said before voice to midi works, another way is to hum the tune in your head, then put a note on the timeline and bring it up or down until it matches what you have in mind. Use the piano roll as a guide for the pitch. Most important is to set the bpm before you start. That way you get the timing right.

「いいね!」 1

Reaper include Reatune, a free melodyne like function.

Just wanted to point out this newly released plugin, to turn a monophonic audio track (as well as polyphonic) into MIDI datas. It’s really interesting, despite being in an embryonic state (as the developer calls it).
It is called NeuralNote and is an OpenSource available in VST3 format. I tried it with Cubase on an isolated vocal track and it works perfectly, connected as an Insert plugin. Take a look at it.

https://github.com/DamRsn/NeuralNote

「いいね!」 2