Wild Mountain Thyme - Folk Song ( Solaria )

This is my first attempt at using synth V, but it certainly proved to me that it is possible to record folk melodies using a generated vocal synth.

「いいね!」 12

Hi, congrats for the song! I suppose that video clips are made by youself too… I notice drone clips :wink:
Good mix, good job :clap:

「いいね!」 1

Hi, Sadly not, the video clips are open source from Pixabay. My main interest lies in recording and composing instrumental music.

「いいね!」 4

Beautifully done! :sunglasses:

「いいね!」 1

Well done, music and images

「いいね!」 1

I don’t know the song, but my wife said she knows / really likes it. I like it now too, now that I’ve heard it. Unfortunately we will have to wait to use SynthV for anything.
Just today, bought V-Studio, Solaria, Kevin, Natalie, and 9zero. Unfortunately it doesn’t run on Win7 (easy to overlook).
np! Will obviously be adding a new pc to the studio very soon. We will have to wait 3 weeks.
I’m thinking you did a bit more than just midi and lyrics. Maybe you didn’t?
Anyway, we were both impressed. Interested in your steps and the time it took overall.
Thank you. We thoroughly enjoyed your song rendition using SynthV Studio and Solaria.

「いいね!」 1

This first attempt at using synth V was rather haphazard, as I placed the notes first and then added the words. I didn’t use midi as I simply listened to the voice and imagined it being sung by a real folk singer.
Once I had done that, I added the music to accompany the vocalist., rather like when I play alongside a real vocalist.
Time wise, must have taken about 5/6 hours, but I wasn’t really paying too much attention as I was enjoying the new learning experience, so it may have been longer. Currently, vocals are taking me longer than the instrumental track which I find can be quite quick because I do that all the time.
I find the opportunity to produce demo tracks with vocals particularly useful.

「いいね!」 4

Awesome! well done. Thank you for sharing

「いいね!」 1

This reply was meant for 'God-Song_Studio’s message.
There is a free version (Synthesizer V Editor (Evaluation)) which runs on Win 7. You could use that to compose your track (with different free voices). Just lower your expectations a bit whilst in Win 7. Once you have your Synth V on Win 10 or 11 up and running just load the files you created in Win 7 and change the voices to the ones you already purchased. At least you’d have a running start already. Do the fine-tuning then.

「いいね!」 1

That’s what I thought.

Apparently the trials have been updated and won’t install on Win7.

If I knew where to download the last valid trial for Win7, I would do it in a heart-beat.

Thank you for thinking about us.

edit: I’ve moved our discussion here: so as to not derail this thread.

I wasn’t aware of that update. That makes your wait that much longer :sleepy:

「いいね!」 1