Crash while clicking inside parameter panel for vocal modes

I’m working on the vesion of Pro Edition 1.8.1 on Linux.
When switch the parameter panel to any vocal modes editing, it first says “[any mode] has not been set up for parameter editing. Click to begin editing this vocal mode.”
When every time I click inside the panel, however, the whole software crashes(fully closes) without any prompt – If run the software again, it ask to choosing file for recovery.

Exactly the same problem here. I’m using Pro Edition 1.10.1 in Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, with all default drivers in use (e.g. I’m not using NVIDIA drivers). The software works fine in all other respects. As a workaround I replicate tracks, each with a different vocal mode and then fade between them using the loudness parameter, but that needs to be done with care if the result is not to sound artificial. I’d say that as a workaround it works about one time in five, so it’s far from being a solution to the problem.

We have a relatively active thread about it here: 1.8.1 Bug: Crashes when trying to activate Vocal Modes automation.

Thanks for your workaroud, even though it’s far from perfect, I’d like to include it in the thread above, so that users affected by it has more choices

Please do. My other - and better - workaround involves having multiple tracks with different shadings and moving the melody between them. A very simple example is the last song in my ‘Idylls’ song cycle, Crossing The Bar … the shading is very subtle, but it works.

「いいね!」 1