FR: Apply tempo changes from MIDI file, without affecting other data

Cubase上のプラグインとしてSynthesizer Vを使用するとき、テンポチェンジが非常に扱いづらく不便です。「テンポの同期」では最初に現れるいわばデフォルトテンポだけが同期され、曲中に現れるテンポチェンジは反映されません。
少々ワークアラウンド的な解決法にも思えますが、MIDIファイルからテンポチェンジだけを読み込んで(歌唱データを消去することなしに) トラックに反映させる機能を追加していただけると大変に助かります。

手作業でテンポチェンジを一つ一つ移すのは不正確なうえ手間がかかりすぎます。
MIDIファイル経由でテンポチェンジを読み込めば多少ましにはなりますが、これもかなり苦痛を伴う作業です。
まずCubase側のMIDIファイル書き出しの仕様として、テンポチェンジだけではなくプロジェクト内のMIDIデータが全て書き出されてしまいます。プラグイン側で読み込むとき、どのトラックを読み込むか選択するダイアログが出ますが、トラック0だけ非選択状態で他のトラックは選択された状態です。
テンポチェンジはトラック0に入っているので、トラックの選択を反転させなければなりません。
これを毎回手作業で行うのは、トラック数が増えるとなかなか大変です。

さらに現状では、テンポチェンジだけを読み込むことは出来ず、歌唱データや歌声の設定が全て消去されてしまいます。
事前にそれらのデータを保存しておき、テンポチェンジを読み込んだ後に読み込みなおすことでなんとかしのいでいますが、なかなか繊細な作業である上に一つ間違えるとせっかく打ち込んだ歌唱データがパーになってしまいます。

というわけで、MIDIファイルからテンポチェンジだけを読み込みトラックへ反映させる機能を希望いたします。よろしくお願いいたします。

When using Synthesizer V as a plug-in in Cubase, tempo changes are very difficult and inconvenient to handle. The “Synchronize Tempo” feature syncs only the default tempo, so to speak, that first appears, and does not reflect tempo changes that appear during the song.
This may seem like a bit of a work-around, but it would be very helpful if you could add a function to read only the tempo changes from the MIDI file and reflect them in the track (without erasing the song data).

Manually transferring tempo changes one by one is inaccurate and too time consuming.
It would be somewhat better if tempo changes could be read in via a MIDI file, but this is also a very painful process as of now.
First of all, Cubase’s MIDI file export specification is that all MIDI data in the project is exported, not just the tempo changes. When importing on the plug-in side, a dialog appears to select which track to import, but only track 0 is unselected and the other tracks are selected.
Since the tempo change is in track 0, the selection of the track must be reversed.
Doing this manually each time is quite troublesome when the number of tracks increases.

Furthermore, currently, it is not possible to load only the tempo change, and all singing data and voice settings will be erased.
I have managed to get around this by saving these data in advance and reloading them after the tempo change is loaded, but this is a delicate process, and one mistake can result in the loss of all the singing data that I have typed in.

Therefore, I would like to have a function to read only the tempo changes from the MIDI file and reflect them in the track. Thank you in advance.

「いいね!」 3

+1
this is a big lack when you work with tracks with “free” tempo changes, each subsequent adjustment results in a lot of manipulations and is really error prone.

「いいね!」 1

私の記憶では、DAWのテンポチェンジに自動で対応するのはピアプロスタジオにもできていなかったと記憶しています。DAW側に対応する理由が無いからでしょう(何故なら、DAW上のピアノロールではなく全く別のピアノロールを使う妙なプラグインなんて歌声合成ソフトぐらいしかないから)。
ボカキューほどDAWと連携していれば別でしょうが、synthvがどこかの DAWと連携でもしない限りは手動でちまちまテンポチェンジを移すのが主要な方法になり続けるでしょう。

ちまちまとテンポチェンジを手作業で移し替える(変更があればそれも忘れずに都度移し替える)なんて前近代的なことがいつまでも必要とされるなんて考えたくもないです。今の状況は一時的な機能不足だと考えたいですね。

ボカキューほどの統合具合でないかもしれませんが昨今はARA2でDAWとプラグインの以前より緊密な連携が可能になってきています。テンポや拍子情報もARA2でやり取りできる情報に含まれているそうです。

そういったMelodyne並みの統合まではさておいても、テンポは曲を構成する重要な要素であり、それが制限されるということは音楽表現に大きな制約を生みます。比較的短期間で実現可能な、現在の機能を補完する何らかの機能があれば、と思い投稿しました。

MIDIファイルに記録されたテンポ情報のみを既存トラックの他のタイプの音声を壊さずに読み込む、という機能はDAWやプラグインのコア機能からは比較的疎な機能であり、実装コストも比較的高価ではないことが期待できます。この機能または類似の機能の追加をぜひお願いしたいと思います。

I don’t even want to think about the need to manually transfer tempo changes forever (and don’t forget to do it every time there is a change). I would like to think that the current situation is a temporary lack of functionality.

The integration may not be as good as in Vocaloid for Cubase, but nowadays with ARA2, DAWs and plug-ins are more tightly integrated than ever before. Tempo and time signature information is also included in the information that can be exchanged with ARA2.

Even setting aside such Melodyne-like integration, tempo is an important element in the composition of a song, and any limitation on tempo is a major restriction in musical expression. I have submitted this article in the hope that there is some functionality that can be implemented in a relatively short period of time and that complements the current functionality.

The ability to read tempo information recorded in a MIDI file without destroying other types of data in existing tracks is a function that is relatively sparse from the core functionality of DAWs and plug-ins, and the cost of implementation is expected to be relatively inexpensive. We would very much appreciate the addition of this or similar functionality.

「いいね!」 3

Hello hynics.

I am new to all of this and am trying to wrap my head around how to deal with the whole tempo problem.

What do you mean by “I have managed to get around this by saving these data in advance and reloading them after the tempo change is loaded . . .”? I tried this and screwed my whole test file up. How exactly do you do this? What is it that you save in advance?

To be clear, I have the original midi file that I imported to create the track with the tempo and time signature changes. I also saved the original vocal track and am trying to import that as a second track, but I can’t figure out the Synth V rules for importing things. It either puts them in the wrong spot or deletes the one that was already there. Absolutely inscrutable!

Thanks

“Import” is for creating a new project based on a reference file. This will also load tempo and time signature markers if they exist.

“Import as tracks” is for adding the reference file to your current project. This will not overwrite the tempo and time signature markers for the current project.

So if you want to apply a tempo and time signature markers from a MIDI file to an existing project, you first need to use that reference file as the source of a new project (“Import”) then use your existing SVP file to add the tracks to this new base project (“Import as Tracks”).

That said, it’s usually faster and easier to add the tempo and time signature markers manually than to go through the process of exporting and importing files.

Thanks for the quick reply, Claire. I tried doing what you told me, but I just can’t get this thing to work for me. I find it buggy and the interface illogical. And, my music just has too many tempo changes in it to put them in by hand. So, I think I’m done. I just sent Dreamtonics a request for a refund.

Thanks again.

ARA対応のβ版をテストしています。
本当にやってしまうなんて!すごいすごすぎる。
あまりにすご過ぎて言葉もありません。
本当に感謝します > 開発陣