1.11.0b2 - Transport/position cursor in Cubase 12 (ARA) jitters, sound stutters

When I work with the ARA plugin from SynthV in Cubase (12.0.70) for a while, the location cursor starts to tremble/jitter (look at the video) and the voice (Solaria) stutters extremely. But it’s not a performance problem, as you can see in the video. When I restart Cubase and load the song, the problem remains. Even if I delete the track completely and create a new one and re-setup everything with the ARA plug-in, the problem remains. The song is then no longer usable for SynthV.

Video: https://www.2erwerk.de/temp/synthv.mp4

I have exactly the same Problem

Please, please send a detailed report to Dreamtonics support. They really need to know that this is a very common problem affecting both Mac and PC and various DAWs.
[email protected]

Did you figure this out? I just updated yesterday to the full 1.11 without having tried the betas. It was all working great. Today I opened the project I’d been working on and the jitter problem is happening.

Found the same thing this morning in Cubase 13 - same you as, I didn’t use the Betas. Project I’m working on at the moment has a SynthV instance as a plug in, noticed that GUI in Cubase was all jittery, micropauses and the like.

From doing a bit of testing, I’ve found the following:

1. SynthV as a VST plug in causes the jitters
  2. If I load Synth V as an full ARA instance the jitters go away
  3. After loading Synth V as an ARA instance, the plug in version (new and existing) do not cause any further jitters with Bridge mode active or deactived
  4. If I delete the track with the deep ARA extension added, the jitters do not return.
  5. This occurs on a new or existing project.
  6. If I save the project after removing the deep ARA track, then the jitters return the next time I open the project.
  7. If I leave the track with the deep ARA set up, then the jitters do not return

I need to do a bit more testing, but so far the work around seems to be in a new/existing project:

1. Create new audio track and record some audio (can be a second if need be)
  2. Apply Synth V ARA to the recorded audio
  3. Hide the track and crack on.

It’s not ideal, to be honest as it seems a bit of a waste of resources and while the additional set up is minimal, it feels like it shouldn’t be necessary. I’ve also noticed that sometimes the loop doesn’t work with Cubase when Synth V is open, but that seems to almost be random.

Hope this helps.

「いいね!」 1