Laggy and stuttering playhead on macOS Sonoma 14.3

I’ve tried just about everything I could find in the interface. It can work Ok for awhile and then stop working. It was fine with Sonoma 14.2 but 14.3 changed something that broke the reliability. Let’s hope the dev team can sort it out in not too distant future.

Hallo all,
I have the same prolem on my win 11 system in Cubase 13 pro. It is not only the playhad thet stutters, also sthe audio crackles. Its in the ara version, the VST Instrument and the Standalone version works fine. In the pictures i can see, that dreamtonics works with cubase, so what is wrong in my system? Melodyne and spectrallayers works fine here.
What do you think

Keybert

… update, in new Projects is the ara pluginworking fine. There must went something wrong in the old Projects.
So all ok

Keybert

「いいね!」 1

Created an account to echo above. I’m on a MacBook Pro 16" here with M1 Pro (Apple Silicon), been dealing with the same extreme lag for the past week since I updated. I’ve contacted support to that effect.

To address @Aymara’s suggestions:

• I’ve both rebooted and left my MacBook on overnight
  • No other issues with any other audio box or program that I regularly use (Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 11, Volt 276)
  • Same performance problems on current 1.10 and beta 1.11.0b3
  • Switching to OpenGL may have slightly improved perf, but not noticeably
  • I’ve set buffer size to 1024 and above, same issues

So if it’s any consolation, this hasn’t just affected Intel Macs. I’m also awaiting an update, now.

When using the Stand Alone version of Synth V Pro, I have the same issues on my end under macOS Sonoma 14.3.1. The lag is unbearable making the program completely useless. Being a beta tester for many companies for over 20 years, my studio setup (computer, external hardware, other apps, and plugins) is all up to date. The last time I used Synth V Pro was under Sonoma 14.2 and all was working just fine. 14.3 and 14.3.1 broke Synth V Pro and I sure hope there’s a fix coming soon.

@Aymara @Enrico_Nichelatti.

I have exactly the same issue. Since updating to Mac OS Sonoma 14.3, Synthesizer V also has become very laggy, slow, the same symptoms as mentioned by @Enrico_Nichelatti .
MacStudio M1 chip.

If you haven’t already, please report to [email protected]
They need to know that this is a very common problem on Sonoma 14.3
BTW, I have the same problem!

「いいね!」 1

And I canceled my order of a MacBook Pro M3, because macOS Sonoma is a major problem, not only for Dreamtonics.

Native Instruments products are also not fully supported, especially Kontakt and my Kontrol-S keyboard. Furthermore ProTools is still not fully supported.

Thankfully my iMac Pro still runs Ventura and I mainly use Studio One and Logic.

Did anybody install macOS 14.3.1? Does it make a difference to 14.3?

@Aymara Synth V is just as bad under 14.3.1 as it is under 14.3.

「いいね!」 1

Cannot notice a difference after updating to 14.3.1
However, 14.4 will be available very soon.

I just updated to Sonoma 14.4 but cannot notice a difference from 14.3.
However, SynthV does work in Logic. No stuttering. The main irritation
after installing 14.3 is that the playhead struggles and sometimes stops
and/or disappears while SynthV keeps playing.
Definitely not ideal but still useful.

「いいね!」 1

Same playhead struggling and disappearing also here after updating to Sonoma 14.4, even within Logic Pro X. By the way, when opening SynthV in LPX I got script errors, which disappeared by trashing the SynthV script folder content.

I had previously removed the scripts folder after Dreamtonics support suggested it may cause problems. Hopefully I can add it again since some scripts are quite useful!

I’m so disappointed we’re not even getting a response from Dreamtonics. I wrote to them several times but they are not answering my emails.

Very strange. I have contacted them at [email protected] several times and always received a reply within a few days! Sometimes even a reply on the same day.

A while back, I wrote them about this very problem we’re all having and they responded but saying they’ve forwarded the issue to their dev department. So a month afterward, I politely wrote them twice, since the beginning of macOS 14.3 and they are not returning any emails. Even a quick “we’re looking into it” would be nice.

「いいね!」 1

It’s surprising this hasn’t yet been resolved. For my choir-vocal AI work, this has make SynthV completely unusable. Full stop.

Sorry for repeating myself, but if you haven’t already, please report to [email protected]
They really need to know that this is a very common problem on Sonoma!

It seems it’s not easy to solve … seems to be a problem with Metal. But 14.3 & 14.4 caused many issues with third party software in general.

I also think, that it’s very important to contact Dreamtonics support to show them, how many users are affected.