random (unwanted) pitch deviation

Hi fellow SynthV artists.
I have a really frustrating problem cropping up on one of my songs. I have an extended note singing the word ‘cares’ that forms part of a harmony. For some reason, no matter what I do I cannot get it to be in tune without some major pitch deviation curve drawing. I have tried multiple takes, changed the voice parameters, switched from ‘sing’ mode to ‘manual’ and back, changed the duration and strength of the phonemes, turned off vibrato completely but get the same issue (see the pic for how the pitch curve is being set).

Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this and more importantly how to get the vocal to sit around the note center - this is not the only word where this is happening in the song but it is the worst. :confounded:

It looks like the notes are grouped? Have you checked that the Pitch Deviation parameter is clear both inside and outside the group?

「いいね!」 1

Have you tried to split the note where the pitch changes (just like Melodyne), it helps quite a lot.

thanks @AleDZMusicProd @claire, would you believe I did nothing more than reboot my DAW and the glitch seems to have cleared itself. I have no idea what caused it and even less why it cleared. In the days of my old IT support role it is a tiotio fix (turn it off, turn it on) :wink:
I will bear your ideas in mind if it happens again though :+1:

「いいね!」 1

aaanndd, just like that, I have random pitch parameters applied to another track. I’m trying to replicate my steps so I can flag as a potential bug (maybe I should also have mentioned I’m trying out the new v1.11.b3 ARA functionality - sorry :flushed:).
I already transposed the WAV file to midi (not bad but problems recognising north England accents) and the melody was pretty true to the WAV file. It’s only as I started listening back after joining midi events that i noticed it becoming out of tune.
I’ll flag to Dreamtonics support just in case.

「いいね!」 1