Insane LAG, Mac Sonoma 14.3.1, Stand Alone App

Up until a few weeks ago, everything was running perfectly fine with the Stand Alone version of Synth V. Actually, it’s been running great for over a year. Just now, I opened up an existing Synth V session created about a month ago, I imported a 16/48k stereo track and began writing my melody over it. I use Solaria. I start playing my keyboard and all is fine but a few seconds into it, the lag begins and becomes increasingly worse as the seconds go by. I’ll even click on a couple of buttons, things sound fine again and a few seconds into it, it begins to lag horribly. The only update I’ve done recently was update to 14.3.1 Sonoma. I’ve not changed any of my Synth V settings and I’m running the latest version of Synth V and Solaria. My setup is a Mac Studio Ultra with 128GB RAM. Does anyone have any idea as to what may be happening?

I think Dreamtonic’s Synthesizer V Studio Pro is completely broken with Sonoma 14.3.1. Does anyone have this working correctly, both the stand-alone version and the plugin? Btw, regarding the plugin, I have it going through Blue Cat Patchwork in Pro Tools and this too is a whole other back of nightmares. None of the icons, drop-down menus, etc, work at all. This used to be such a great app until the latest OS. I can’t think of anything else that could corrupt an app this badly. A few weeks back before updating the OS, the stand-alone ran perfectly.

There are a number of pre-existing posts about this topic:

https://forum.synthesizerv.com/search?q=sonoma

「いいね!」 1

@claire Thank you for posting the link but I have seen many of the threads and I’m not alone with this issue. I hope the company will have a fix for Synth V Pro. The app does not work well under macOS 14.3 and 14.3.1.