How do I Change the Language for a Single Note

I’ve been told that Synth V version 1.80 introduced a note-independent language feature, or was going to. Is that a thing now, and how would I do that? I haven’t found any info on how to do that besides the post Clare made a little while back stating they were going to add that feature in 1.80, and I think we’re up to version 1.90 now. If it exists, is it something I have to use the mouse for? Is there perhaps a script that can do this?

Select one or more notes, then change the language in the Note Properties panel, accessed via the sidebar.

「いいね!」 1

Thanks Clare! I was worried this part of the interface wouldn’t be accessible, but fortunately it is. I’m gonna go update the accessibility thread to reflect this discovery.

Is there a way to do this via a js script? Obviously you can manipulate the notes, and lyrics, and even the phonemes… but it would be really great if we could change the language for each note via a script. Hopefully they will add this soon if it isn’t already in there?

「いいね!」 1

In addition to your desired function, there are other parameters that make you wonder why you can’t address them via script.
I’m thinking, for example, of the vibrato strength in “sing” pitch mode, or the manipulation of individual selected automation points regardless of the start and end of the associated notes.
Another example: I don’t know how to query the selection status of a individual note.
There are the selectNote() or unselectNote() methods, but no query like isSelected().

I would be interested to know if there are other undocumented options beyond the features and methods officially documented by Dreamtonics.
Home - Synthesizer V Studio Scripting Manual (dreamtonics.com)

Oh never mind, I found it.

“setLanguageOverride”

I don’t see it documented, but it works.

「いいね!」 1

Interesting! Where or how did you find this function?

I was trying to learn the scripting here and came across a script that someone wrote that had that in it, and it sounded like what I was looking for, so I tested it and it worked. I think it was one of the Korean language support scripts.

You can check the functions available for various objects using the following code, substituting the “note” variable in the example with whatever it is you’re trying to observe. This is done in JavaScript, but the function names it returns will be the same in Lua as well.

var properties = Object.getOwnPropertyNames(Object.getPrototypeOf(note));
SV.showMessageBox("Note Properties and Functions", JSON.stringify(properties));

The undocumented functions I’m aware of have all been documented here:

「いいね!」 1

Aweee, exactly what I needed, Thank you!!