Need help with words like down, brown ...

Hallo, using Natalie. I’m not that happy how words like down or brown are pronounced.
And so far I was not able to find a solution with changing the phonemes.
Any help appreciated.
Sorry that I can’t explain what I’m trying to achieve. But if you listen to these words you probably understand, I hope.
Cheers, Peter

Not sure what you mean. You might need to share examples of a bad result vs an example of the goal.

I was very happy with the word pronunciations “down” and “round” with Natalie in this song. Approx 00:16 , 00:22 and also at 2:22
I don’t recall doing anything special to have it sound right.

It is perhaps slightly more North American pronunciation - is it different than the accent you were going for?
Or could it be in the phrasing or context within the way it’s used?

「いいね!」 1

Hallo,
thanks for your answer. Very nice song of yours.
Ok, what I got is this

What I’m Looking for is something like in
Gregory Abbott - Shake you down or E.L.O. - Don’t bring me down

I’m not a native speaker. I’m from Austria.
I would rather say “down” a bit more like with a german “au”. But what I hear is “aw”. More close to “dawn”.
I hope this explanations makes sense.

「いいね!」 1

Try “d ae w n” into two separate notes and tweek with parameters. (With Natalie. For other it may be different phonemes which you have to use.)

Screenshot 2024-03-30 alle 11.41.48
even " d aa w n " , my fit better.

The /aw/ phoneme is a dipthong, made up of /aa uw/.

It sounds like she’s not putting /uw/ into the vowel. You can have more than one vowel in the syllable, so modify the phonetic spelling to be:

/d aw uw n/

And then adjust the duration and strength of /uw/ in the Note Properties panel:

You could also split the note into two syllables and get the same result:

「いいね!」 2

Splitting the note is the most work, but the most likely to give you what you need. I had the same problem with “choir” and “fire” and it took me awhile to figure it out. Split 'em up, be sure they’re still in contact and change the lengths till you get the phrasing how you want it. Good luck. (BTW, when dragging between two syllables, always push to start, lest you separate the syllables and need an additional step to merge them.)

「いいね!」 2

All proposedd solutions work as expected. Many thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

「いいね!」 1