[Solaria Original] AI generated music video for song Heaven Knows

Hello everyone. I’ve just finished a music video for my song ‘Heaven Knows’ featuring Solaria on vocals. Lipsync is in its infancy on most platforms and as you may understand, AI is not kind to human form…but this is where we’re currently at. See what you think :slightly_smiling_face:

https://youtu.be/Jx4-XCzQcGc

Guitars, bass, keyboard: Peter Simcoe
AI Vocals: Synth V, Solaria
AI Visuals: Midjourney, Runway

「いいね!」 2

It’s a very nice song, well done in all aspects to my ear. As for the video, I could have done without it. I would prefer nothing rather than the AI-generated band images. They detract from my enjoyment of the music, particularly since I can’t help but notice the typical AI weirdness with fingers, guitar strings, and the somewhat emotionless faces. I would have preferred a montage of abstract images or things like the drum and painted faces that show up at one point. I realize this may be the state of the art in consumer-level AI video imagery, but IMHO it is overall a negative to the listening experience.

「いいね!」 1

Hi Keith… I mostly agree with you on the points you make about AI video. AI video is overhyped, difficult to control and can look strange at the best of times. For video producers, photographers and designers such as myself, I think we’re overly forgiving of this tech because it does offer the opportunity to explore how this advanced computing can assist or even provide solutions. It seems that ‘providing solutions’ for video is a long way off, if ever (and it’s likely Open AI’s Sora will only provide a slightly less challenging option)…but the ability to mock-up a music video with AI is something that may be of use. Overall, I was trying to emulate that ‘live concert’ feel as you can see (in the same way as Depeche Mode’s ‘World In My Eyes’ video used live footage). As a mock-up, it works…it’s just that the AI dabblers are finding their way and subjecting the rest of the world to their dabbling :slightly_smiling_face: Appreciate you watching and the kind words about the music.

「いいね!」 1