CUBASE 13 - no MIDI Input in ARA PlugIn

when I open Synth V In ARA mode (within Cubase 13 Pro) I can see that the selected MIDI INput is correct. But I can here no the MIDI standard-sound from synth V when playing. When I click on the keys with my mouse I hear sound. So it seems that Synth V Ara plugin doesn´t notice MIDI input?

The ARA plugin uses groups which are synced to reference audio clips in the DAW. It functions as an effect or extension on the track, not an original sound source.

If you want the output to be based on MIDI instead of an audio clip in the DAW, add the instrument version of the plugin as a sound source.

So the whole ARA story is only about arranging clips more comfortably but setting the notes manually within an ARA part? That’s not much. A full sync of the instrument plugin with the loop cycle position would have been more user friendly.

The ARA protocol also gives the plugin much more information about the DAW project timeline and playhead position, which is not normally available to regular VST/AU plugins.

This means tempo changes will be detected automatically, and playhead position/synchronization will be much more accurate.

As long as one instance of the ARA plugin is present anywhere in your project, it will feed extra tempo/playhead information to the instrument version of the plugin as well. You’ll see a green “ARA Bridge Link” icon in the top right corner.

「いいね!」 1