New User - Sorry lol!

Hey people, I got tired of trying to find a vocalist and hoping that I can do conversions of my voice to AI and so far really enjoyed using the software. The learning curve is pretty large but having used stuff like Melodyne before and automation lanes, a lot of it is going to be trial and error.

A few questions that I’m not sure are on here but thought I’d ask…

Common mispronouced words? Is there a library or a thread which contains common words that Synth V has some trouble pronoucing and the best way to tackle those words? I know that it says you can import a custom library but for example ‘through’ is causing me issues with Solaria. I’d love if somewhere could be updated or if there is a library download that people have maybe created with some words that are common and have good work arounds.

Shortcut for shifting an octave? I can obviously select everything and drag it down an octave or up but I’m sure a shortcut must exist for a fast up or down? Also it would be great if there were any scripts to create a harmony like a 3rd up/down just to speed up creating extra parts

I like the group function but already got caught out with not disassociating it and editing a group to then find it had changed the other one. Is there anyway for the default behaviour to be disassociate a group when making one? Probably not but kinda hoping.

and finally I use my guitar to write melodies or my not so stellar singing. I have version 1.11.0 and I don’t see the option to import a wav? or for it to learn from a track? I’m using the VST plugin, so not sure if I’m supposed to use the ARA version or what?

Any help appreciated, looking forward to really getting under the hood with this software!

There is an old forum thread about this, but it’s very old and predates the “Studio” version of “Synthesizer V Studio”, so most of the information in it isn’t particularly applicable.

Even so, the specific words that people struggle with and relevant solutions will vary based on what accent the user is trying to achieve and which voice database is selected.

ctrl+U and ctrl+D or via the Modify menu at the top.

No, groups are always linked on creation. You could try copying the notes along with all the related parameters, but that gets unwieldy fast, so it’s probably still simpler to make the group, copy it, and then dissociate the copy.

Either drag and drop the wav file from your file system, or create an instrumental track via the Arrangement panel and select the file. Once the file is imported, right click on it in the Arrangement and select “Extract Notes from Audio”.

「いいね!」 1

Oh thanks so much for the great and useful responses.

1. I’m trying to get the English/American pronouciation of some common words. Basically ‘through’ is not coming out properly. I don’t think in American or English it is pronouced differently, I suppose it might have to be trial and error… I just thought if someone knew words that it really struggled with and had a go to place for pronouciations it would help a bit.

2. Dang I tried Ctrl and couldn’t get it to work. I’ll try again, I found the drop down menu though :smiley:

3. Yeah I figured as much, I’ll just have to learn to copy and then dissociate the copied stuff!!

4. Ok I’ll give that a whirl, I was hoping that it might be able to read from a DAW lane? I don’t mind rendering out the wav and importing it if that is the only way though.

Lovely, thank you for all the help. I really would love a proper ‘Rock/Metal’ voice for this software it would be incredible. Solaria is incredibly flexible though!!