ARA with Cubase/Nuendo 13 work only in Bridge

Good morning,

I try to use Full ARA mode (1.11) with Nuendo 13 but each time, it’s Bridge mode that opens and asks me to use the VSTi plugin!
I use Synthesizer V ARA on my track (where I would also use melodyne, spectralayers,…) but no Synthesizer V window opens. Just the Bridge info in the lower part (Editor) of Cubase/Nuendo.

You can see the screenshots.

So Audio to Midi does not work…

Do you have a solution?

Envoi en cours : Capture d’écran 2024-04-16 104037.png…
Envoi en cours : Capture d’écran 2024-04-16 104055.png…

Hi… Create an audio track, add some audio to it, select SyntheseizerV Studio Ara Plugin from the ‘extensions’ dropdown in the inspector, now add an actual SynthV VSTI instance. You’re ready to go

Good morning,

When I do this method, the audio file is not visible as a block in Synthesizer V to do Audio to Midi…
I just have ARA Bridge Link enabled at the top right of the window.

I assume you have the audio track on the SynthV ARA extendion-enabled track rather than the SynthV vsti track?

The audio is on the audio track with the ARA extension, you can’t put audio on an instrument track anyway!

If you want some help be appreciative if not, no problem on my side.

1. Are you sure the SynthV ARA vst is installed?
  2. Do you see the ARA extension in the inspector when you add the ARA audio track?
  3. Have ytou added an audio clip to the ARA track?
  4. If yes to the above, when you create the SynthV vsti track, do you see the green ARA bridge link button on the far right of the SynthV VSTi track?

Hello,

yes, everything is OK.

The ARA Bridge is lit green.
But no block representing audio is present and therefore the audio to Midi option does not work. As I saw on the ARA presentation videos with Cubase.

In the demo video, the Synthesizer ARA 2 extension opens like Melodyne in the bottom editor. When I add the extension, it tells me instead of the editor that I am in ARA Bridge mode as before ARA 2. Why does ARA 2 not work on my Nuendo 13?

Each DAW has slightly different nuances for full ARA2 compatibility, so Dreamtonics does not support the full ARA integration in every ARA-compatible DAW (yet).

From the official documentation:

DAWs that Support Full ARA Mode

Studio One 5 or later (Artist/Professional)
Cubase 12 or later (Artist/Pro)
REAPER 6 or later
Cakewalk
ABILITY5 Pro

More info here:

https://svdocs.dreamtonics.com/en/synthv/plugins/full-ara

Yes but if we see how it works on video, it should work. I have the impression that only the ARA 1 plugin is installed in my home and not the ARA 2.

There is no ARA1 plugin. Even in bridge mode, the plugin is still using the ARA2 protocol.

It’s the Full ARA that doesn’t start. Only the Bridge.
Could it be Nuendo which poses a problem compared to Cubase?

As mentioned above, Nuendo is not on the list of supported DAWs for full ARA integration.

Normaly, Cubase and Nuendo are the same for the ARA integration…