Journey to the Beginning of Time -- 18-minute Prog Rock adventure

Thanks, Sandaniam. Glad you liked it.

Sorry for my Englisch… I use Google translator :wink:

I like the song but …

The drums sound like they come from a cheap keyboard from 1980 and the mixing ratios between the individual sounds are not right at all.
For example, the hi-hat is way too loud, while the snare drum seems to be somewhere in the back corner with a blanket thrown over it…

Thank you, Raico, for the detailed descriptions. I agree that the drums lack a snap and presence. I need to work on the settings in the Addictive Drums program. I think the high hat is loud because my old ears have lost high frequencies and I tried to compensate by making the HH louder. All very important things to know. Thank you again for your time and advice. What are you listening on? Speakers? Earbuds?

I too have some high frequency hearing loss. Goes with old age and tinnitus. Amps way too loud in the 60’s! :slight_smile: On pretty decent headphones, I definitely heard the high hats and crash cymbals dominate percussion sounds (not the entire mix) when the full bore synth parts were playing. Kick and snare were not very distinguishable, although you could tell they were there. When the synths dropped out, the overall balance of sounds for the drums was good I think. So, might benefit from some re-balancing of the individual sounds. That said, the mix was in no way annoying as far as I was concerned. Plus, the composition was simply amazing! The visuals were astounding to me. I have no idea how you do that, much less put it all together. Definitely deserves a lot listens and I hope it gets due attention. I post my feeble attempts solely on Looperman.com mainly because there is a very supportive community of amateur musicians there and you get a lot more listens and constructive comments. I wish more of the compositions linked in this forum were posted there, as well as on YT. I think the Looperman members would be astounded at the quality and musicianship. And, it would probably result in a lot more sales of Synthesizer V!

I looked at the site you suggested “Looperman.com” and registered and edited my profile. When I wanted to upload my original composition there, it was rejected. I read the conditions for uploading the song and there it was indicated that in addition to the copyright, it is necessary not to use AI vocals and singing.

That’s very interesting and disappointing, Gauzde. I checked the Looperman 'help with tracks" FAQ and sure enough, found this: " Tracks must not contain any material that may be in breach of copyright. You must not upload remixes, mashups or cover versions of other artists songs. We also do not allow the uploading of tracks that contain AI generated vocals or original vocals that have used AI to sound like another artist."

I actually don’t think that provision against AI generated vocals is meant to apply to ones created using an app such as Synthesizer V or Emvoice. It is likely meant to catch vocals from the AI sites that create vocals from prompts (there are quite a few of those) and sites that purposely provide AI vocals meant to replicate the sound of established artists. Synthesizer V and Emvoice don’t do either of those. So, your original track using Synth V should not have been blocked. Are you sure you tried to upload the song to the “tracks” section of Looperman, not to “loops” or to “acapellas”? Also, there might be a delay before you, as a new member, are allowed to upload. Please let me know. I will definitely intervene with the Looperman owner if tracks using vocals produced by Synthesizer V are blocked. Makes no more sense than blocking tracks using Rompler synth plugins or pretty much any track that uses anything in Kontakt by Native Instruments.

Hey, Eric. Thanks for the nice comments and balance suggestions. For the first time, I started to mess with the mix inside the Addictive Drums program. That was a mistake. The makers of the program are much better than me at balancing drums - especially with my ear issues.

The Looperman issue is a problem I’m starting to see. We need to stop calling SV an AI program. Even Dreamtonics says AI as a marketing message. We need to call it a sampled instrument - a very sophisticated one - but as you say, a sampled instrument. If it is not separated from the “text to music” AI generators, it will suffer a huge negative blow-back and completely unjust rejection.

I am very curious how discussions with Looperman turn out.

Fantastic song! Impressive undertaking, very creative and inspiring! :clap:

@gauzde I’m right with you on song length. I write like you do - I have an idea, a story, and it takes as long as it takes to tell. It’s easy to do a 3 minute pop song that is a shallow sing along but telling a meaningful story takes a fair few words.
(Btw - I do love the 3 minute pop song having been a punk in the 70’s/80’s and very much into the clash/dammed etc​:wink:)

Have sent a long email to Mr. Looperman himself (lives in the UK) explaining the apparent issue with the LM Terms and Conditions relating to AI tracks and application to SV. I’m not entirely convinced that LM actually blocked the track that Gauzde tried to upload due to AI content. I think it might just be a standard time delay requirement for new members. Also, it is very picky about limitations on the length of track descriptions, files sizes, all tracks can only be MP3s, etc. (Also very picky about proper format for loops, although I don’t use that feature of the site.) So, hopefully this matter will be resolved satisfactorily soon for Gauzde and others who use SV. Will keep you posted via a comment on this thread.

Thanks, Hummer. Glad you liked it. And thank for the YT comment.

「いいね!」 1

When I tried to Upload a new track, I still did not have the opportunity to make my file available, because it alerted me: “Sorry, you dont have permission to upload.” So I don’t even have the right to try to Looperman, upload anything. I state that I use AI vocals and Synthesizer V Pro on my “gauzde” profile. It has nothing to do with the size of my files. Maybe I’m a new user, but there’s no mention of that or how long I have to wait. At the same time, I also have songs on Soundcloud that I sang myself or my friends. But at the same time, thank you for your initiative.