Help installing in Linux (Pop OS) (SOLVED)

I’m new to linux and I can’t seem to figure out how to install SynthV Studio basic edition.

You should be able to unzip the Linux version into the folder of your choice, and then double-click the file synthv_studio to run it.

「いいね!」 1

Hello, when I do that a (could not display “synthv_studio”) only appears and nothing happens. it says no application for “shared library files”

sorry still new to Linux, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong or what else I need to install

I could be wrong, but here’s my guess. I don’t have a Linux system to test this on, so no guarantees of any sort. :no_mouth:

The Problem

Linux doesn’t know synthv_studio is an executable.

Linux looks at the file header (the first few bytes in the file) and sees that synthv_studio is an ELF binary. This means it’s either an executable program, or a “shared library file” (DLL to Windows users).

Because the flag that tells Linux that it’s an executable file isn’t set, Linux thinks it must be a shared library file, which is literally what the error message says.

The Fix

Set the flag on the file telling Linux it’s an executable.

GUI Method

Right-click the synthv_studio file, choose Properties, select the Permissions tab, and set the Executable attribute.

Command Line Method

Open a command line shell.

Use cd to go to the directory where the file is, along the lines of:

cd path to where the file is

where path to where the file is is the location of the synthv_studio file.

Once you’re in the directory where synthv_studio is, type:

chmod +x synthv_studio

chmod is the Unix command to “change mode”, and +x sets the “executable” file attribute bit.

Once that’s done, you should then be able to run it by typing:

./synthv_studio

But for either method, once you’ve set the executable attribute, you should be able to double-click to execute it.

「いいね!」 1

Hello it worked, thank you very much. I have been looking for a way to do it for 6 hours now.

side question, do I have to do this every time I want to open it?

I’m glad that resolved it! :slight_smile:

… do I have to do this every time I want to open it?

No, once you’ve set it as executable, that value will be permanently set.

You can now launch it by double-clicking it.

「いいね!」 1

thank youuuuuu