Option to fine tune notes (microtonality)

Hello, a music producer here.

This request might be highly specific and advanced request but I would like to have an option to fine tune each note by cents (1 cent = 1/100 semitone). This would allow composing microtonal music and non-western music with non 12 equal tempered systems (Arabic, Indian etc) more easily .

Many advanced DAWs has this and I think it would be great if SynthV editor could do something similar. (As far as I know, I know no other Vocal Synth capable of this and I think it would be cool if SynthV was one of first ones!) Here’s a screenshot of Logic:

Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

「いいね!」 5

You can fine-tune notes every 25 cents by holding down Ctrl + Shift, which is a feature only available in Pro version.

「いいね!」 5

I would love the ability to fine-tune. Currently, I still need Melodyne for this.

Tuning by 25 cents is a cool trick, but I think most people who use microtuning, need resolution of 1 cent.

「いいね!」 1

This is the script I wrote for adjusting pitch bend curves to match microtonal tunings. I just finished a music (『フリジアン・ハーモニー』(花隈千冬ほか)【Synthesizer V オリジナル曲】 - YouTube, please forgive me citing a self-promoting example) in the meantone temperament, which is the favored tunings in Baroque music enthusiasts and professional orchestras since it has characteristic just-intonated third interval harmony, and is the common and beloved tunings by the musicians back in the day.

The pitch difference from the equal (normal) temperament, about 5-15cents, is very noticeable especially in long tones and harmonized with other voice part or tuned instruments. The chorus become “transparent” and get dissolved into the harmony when the tuning is matched with the orchestra. I was actually amazed by the result, because it seems that the deviation is within the range of fluctuations of pitches of the voice, but however, I revealed that we are perceptually very aware of the centers of the pitches even if the voice has fluctuations.

My script is only a workaround for the unavailability of fine-grained tunings in both user and script interfaces, and so is not well integrated to the manual pitch editing workflow. I hope that the Dreamtonics developers allow us to fine-tune notes in arbitrary resolution, at least by providing scripting APIs!

「いいね!」 5

I too would love to see the ability to microtune in the pro edition. Importing a scala or tun file would be awesome. It is a feature now seen in about half of the commercial traditional soft synthesizers - u-he and pianoteq being a couple premier examples.

The reason for doing this is to eliminate the need to hand correct every note in melodyne which is very disruptive to the workflow. I find my micro-tonal compositions have to be done in two parts instead of a coherent whole.

here is an example scala file (its a plain text file) for 10 notes per octave.

! E:\Cakewalk\scales\10edo.scl
!
10 edo
!
2/1

「いいね!」 2

Thank you for sharing this script.

「いいね!」 1

Hey I’d just like to second this request! Maybe it’ll be possible to add a per-note offset in pitch?

So for example add in this panel a slider to raise or lower the pitch of the particular note by 0-50 cents?

(and I’d really appreciate a similar per note volume control as well, if it’s still unavailable yet)

「いいね!」 1