A video side-by-side of Kevin belting correctly

I made a video of Kevin singing Duran Duran’s - Rio, and some former bandmates and rivals gave me a sort of left handed compliment saying how realistic the vocals sounded until the third verse. Sure enough, the third verse is the crescendo of the song, and Kevin’s voice was weakening rather than strengthening…

Belt Mode to the rescue. I had tried belting earlier and it really didn’t work with the majority of the song, but I had yet to create the crescendo verse at that point. Clear Mode was much better overall… however, judiciously using belting on just this verse (and one other line in the song) make a great improvement in keeping the energy building IMHO.

I thought it was interesting enough to create a video of the two modes side by side in this context. Hope it helps someone else.

「いいね!」 2

Do you have to have belting turned on for the entire track, or is there a way to do it for a single note or group of notes?

Vocal Modes are set per track or group via the Voice panel.

This means there is one vocal mode setting for the track and any groups nested within that track can also have their own different vocal mode setting, but there is no way to change the vocal mode settings seamlessly within the same phrase.

「いいね!」 4

Ah! Thanks. If I can do it at a group level I think that will accomplish what I want.