Draggable Export without (explicitly) saving to a file

It would be kinda neat if at least the plugin had the option of not rendering to an external file, but instead presented an option to just drag out the export into a DAW or music application. Would make the workflow of just getting the rendered audio into a DAW much easier. The process would be:

1. Do your thing(s) in SynthV.
  2. Hit Export/Render.
  3. Drag into DAW.

rather than the current:

1. Do your thing(s) in SynthV.
  2. Hit Export/Render (making sure that the location and name are what you want).
  3. Open Explorer/Finder/a file browser, and find the file you just rendered.
  4. Drag into DAW.

Internally it could be implemented as rendering to a temp file that SynthV manages the deletion of (and maybe hands that management off to the OS).

「いいね!」 3

Having full drag-and-drop functionality seems like it would be really hard and complicated from a programming perspective.

Having a button that would open the folder and highlight the last rendered file would go a long way, and is not that hard to implement.

「いいね!」 3

Yeah, the full drag and drop would be my ideal implementation, but basically anything that eases the rendered output to DAW input part of the process would be heading in a good direction imo.

「いいね!」 1

If you want tight integration of your DAW and SynthV Studio Pro, give the build-in VSTi/AU support a try.

「いいね!」 1

I have~

It’s just a similar problem, but in reverse: getting MIDI data into SynthV is sometimes a task, and with plugins tending not to support undo at the DAW level, a stray Ctrl-Z can just erase the plugin and undo all my work (if I just worked in the plugin).

If I decide to work in the DAW, SynthV afaik doesn’t really support recording in MIDI data. But for recording the results of the synth once you have all your data where you want it, the plugin is A+.

「いいね!」 1

In Cubase i use empty events to visualize the structure/parts of the vocals and can quickly convert them to audio with “Render In Place”. Other DAWs might have a similar functionality.

「いいね!」 3

That is true, while it does not use SynthV Studio’s render function I am also able to do this using FL Studio’s “consolidate track” function.

One thing to be aware of is that this method is using SynthV Studio’s preview output to create the waveform, not the final render. These are usually the same, but if a user has selected “Prefer Speed” for live rendering it may result in a lower quality waveform than if they were to initiate the final render from within SynthV Studio.

「いいね!」 2

Yeah, true. I do the same thing in Bitwig, but there are annoying little tricks you have to just know in different DAWs. I would just hope that it could be figured out on the Dreamtonics side, so that the idiosyncrasies of each DAW would matter less.

• Bitwig: You have to go to the instance and change it from the default “Trust plugin” to “Never” for sleeping, otherwise Synth V will sleep on your render.
  • Reason: Only offline bounce is supported, VST3 support is relatively new, so this confluence of factors means you have to manually record audio from your tracks. yippee. (See Bounce VST 3 to audio track within Reason 12 not working - Jengamon の #6 for how.)

Do the DAWs y’all use have extra steps like this?

「いいね!」 1