Can‘t find connect to host as in manual

Hi,
I’m using Reaper as a host and trying to follow instructions.
In the editor’s settings I’m unable to find the ‘Connect to host’ part as described in the manual’s screenshot. I went through the green cog wheel settings icon on synth V pro

「いいね!」 1

The official documentation is many years out of date, and hasn’t been updated since before SynthV Studio was released.

The current product does not require any “connect to host” step, you can simply load the plugin in the same manner as any other VST instrument.

For up-to-date information you can check the unofficial user manual as well as the Dreamtonics YouTube channel:

「いいね!」 1

Once loaded, is it possible to record into synth v via the record button of Reaper?

「いいね!」 1

Not directly. SynthV Studio has its own MIDI recording function separate from the DAW.

If you really want to use your DAW’s MIDI recording function, you would first need to record it within the DAW’s piano roll. Then you can transfer that MIDI to SynthV either by exporting as a .midi file and then importing that to SynthV Studio, or by using the DAW’s MIDI as SynthV’s recording source, as is described here:

「いいね!」 1

Thanks for the detailed reply, will give it a try.
Cheers

「いいね!」 1