Copying parameter data

Is there any way (through scripts or otherwise) to copy parameter data, from one parameter to another (different) one? I typically set hitpoints for one parameter, and it becomes a very long and tedious process when I want these same hitpoints in all parameters.

「いいね!」 1

Could someone knowledgeable confirm or deny whether if what I’m looking to do is possible as of the current version of Synthesizer V. I’m really exhausting myself putting in all these hitpoints manually for every parameter and voice in my projects!

If your goal is just to copy the points from one parameter to another it should be possible with a script.

I expect that would be the only way, aside from manually editing the SVP file, since when you copy points they still only get pasted to the same parameter type that they originated from.

「いいね!」 2

Thank you so much for the answer.

What’s the appropriate forum section for posting script requests?

Oh, my gosh – this is incredible. I opened the svp in Notepad++ and copied the Toneshift points to the Loudness parameter. Opened the project up and – voila! Again, thank you, Claire. This has saved me a lot of time.

「いいね!」 1

I decided to take a crack at it and came up with this script. It should let you clone any parameter curve to any other parameter type on the same or different track (but I didn’t bother with note groups, so for now you’d have to copy-paste curves into the group from the parent track).

If you select notes it’ll clone any points in between the first and last note of your selection, otherwise it’ll do the whole track.

There’s certainly some room for improvement but I think it should be pretty functional as a first pass.

Easy download links here: (scroll down to utility - CloneParameterCurve.js)

and a link to this script in particular:

「いいね!」 2

I am speechless. I have no speech! I will take this script for a ride within soon.

I am so thankful for your work!

「いいね!」 2

I just tested this now. What a delight! Genius to include “scale”, too. Thank you a bunch!

「いいね!」 1

Hi … way behind on this one.

I have Claires scripts installed

Select a note, Claire copy vibrato, select a different note, Claire paste vibrato … nothing happens.

What is this dim 79 year old doing wrong please?

「いいね!」 1

Sorry … me again.

I write songs for kids and want each sung word to be initially flat with no vibrato at all … then edit slightly later. (No finesse!)

Can I set a voice … Kevin for instance … to be input 'flat"?

Thanks

The Copy/Paste Vibrato scripts copy the values from the Manual Pitch Mode sliders. If you’re not using those sliders, the scripts will do nothing.

As for removing the vibrato from notes, using Manual Pitch Mode will prevent any default pitch curves from being added, which might result in a somewhat “auto-tuned” sound because the pitch lines will adhere to the center of the target pitch with no improvisation.

If you still want the automatically generated behaviors from Sing mode, just less vibrato:

• Reduce the “Vibrato Modulation” slider in the Voice panel
  • Reduce “Expressiveness” in the AI Retakes panel
「いいね!」 1

Thanks … yet again. Dave