[Request]The ability to expand the piano roll vertically/To be able to turn on/off Instant Mode on a track-by-track basis

・ピアノロールを縦に拡大できるようにしてほしい
・簡易ピッチをトラックごとにオンオフできるようにしてほしい

Hi. DreamtonicsがForumに書かれた要望をあまり汲んでくれないのは知っていますが、一応書きます。
これは機械翻訳を考慮した日本語です。

みなさんSynthVでピッチを操作するとき、どのようにしていますか?

1. 昔はノートプロパティと最低限のピッチベンドで描いていました

2. AIと自動調整が登場して、ノートプロパティは使えなくなりました
    ノート分割と自動調整を併用するようになりました

3. 簡易ピッチが登場し、ノート分割と簡易ピッチを併用するようになりました
    しかし簡易ピッチはすべてのトラックにかかるのが不便です

4. 自動調整はたまに音痴になりますが、自動調整はピッチベンドを変更するので、ピッチを修正するには鉛筆ツールで手描きする必要があります
    ピッチベンドパネルは相対値であり、実際のピッチ線とは異なるので、ピアノロールに直接描き込むのがいいでしょう。しかしピアノロールは縦に拡大できないので、細かく描くのが難しい
    また、「制御点を0にスナップ」は便利な機能ですが、吸着力が強すぎて微調節ができません

5. AIリテイク?あれは「ピッチガチャ」です。好みのピッチを引き当てるまで何度も繰り返すよりも描いたほうが早い

この1年半、様々な方法を試してきましたがどれもしっくりきません。
原因はエディタが古いからです。自動調整が登場したことでSynthVの操作感はだいぶ変わったのに、エディタは自動調整が登場する前とほぼ同じままです。
自動調整とエディタの親和性はCeVIOのほうが何倍も優れています。

いくら自動調整が優れているといっても、手動での修正が必要ないわけではありません。
理想的な調声は伴奏と歌詞によって変わるからです。
手描きのしやすいエディタを模索する必要があります。

Hi. I know Dreamtonics doesn’t read many requests written in the Forum, but I’m writing this just in case.
The original Japanese is intended to be machine-translated.

How do you all manipulate pitch in SynthV?

1. in the past, I used to draw with note properties and minimal pitch bend

2. with the advent of AI and Auto Pitch Tuning, note properties are no longer available
    I started using note splitting and Auto Pitch Tuning together.

3. Instant Mode was introduced, and note division and Instant Mode were used together
    However, Instant Mode is inconveniently applied to all tracks.

4. Auto Pitch Tuning is sometimes tone deaf, but it changes the pitch bend, so I have to draw by hand with the pencil tool to correct the pitch
    Since the pitch bend panel is a relative value and different from the actual pitch line, it is better to draw directly on the piano roll. However, the piano roll cannot be vertically enlarged, so it is difficult to draw in detail
    Also, “Snap points to 0” is a useful feature, but the adsorption force is too strong for fine adjustment

5. AI Retakes? That’s a “pitch gacha”. It’s faster to draw than to repeat the process over and over until the line I like is elected.

I’ve tried various methods for the past year and a half, but none of them feel right.
The reason is that the editor is out of date: Auto Pitch Tuning has changed the feel of SynthV, but the editor is still almost the same as it was before Auto Pitch Tuning was introduced.
The compatibility between the automatic pitch tuning function and the editor is many times better in CeVIO than in SynthV.

No matter how good Auto Pitch Tuning is, it does not mean that manual correction is not necessary.
This is because the ideal tuning depends on the accompaniment and lyrics.
It is necessary to seek out an editor that is easy to hand-draw.

「いいね!」 2

Personally I never use Instant Mode. It’s a quick shortcut for people who want an acceptable sound with low effort, but I usually don’t care if the vocals sound “realistic” or human-like, so I prefer to draw all the parameter curves manually and do whatever sounds good to me.

I sometimes execute Auto Pitch Tuning to get a different vibrato or transition and then copy it to my notes, but this is still kind of random so I prefer to draw patterns manually most of time time:

If you hold ctrl and shift at the same time, then drag the point, it will give you more precise control and temporarily disable “snap to 0”.

(vertical zoom would still be better though :+1: )

I agree. It’s a nice shortcut but it’s usually much easier to simply draw the pattern you want than to generate a bunch of retakes and pray.

I haven’t used CeVIO much yet, but the pitch drawing and phoneme timing tools seem very good.

「いいね!」 2

I’ve just arrived and I encountered this. Synth V wakes up in Instant mode (i.e. AI takes control of pitch curves and this is a global setting for all tracks). With this instant mode on, vibrato panel does not work. Yet everything else works, for instance I can edit the pitch curve manually. I like the retakes, playing with the slider gives many chances for each retake, and the easiness of deleting them makes it easy to click repeatedly and produce a bounch of alternatives: it’s not elegant, but it worked in my case. You can disable Instant mode and have its pitch curve in the parameter area, so the greatest flexibility. Yet, if I need retakes later on another track, it asks to enable Instant mode and this delete all my manual work. To summarize the feature request:

1. straightforward solution for Synth V 2.0 would be having vibrato panel working on the selected notes also in AI, if a deliberate action to modify its setting is done by the user
  2. Easiest solution for Synth V 2.0 would be to make Instant Mode switchable for each track (so we can duplicate the track and take advantage of both systems)
「いいね!」 1

Sorry for the automatic translation.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. I want to duplicate a track and create one that is autopitched and one that is not.

The result of Instant Mode generation is the same as Auto Pitch Tuning.
In other words, if you change a note after rendering the pitch, you can just apply auto pitch to that part of the note.

The vibrato settings do work, but if the depth is set to “0 semitones” that means “no extra vibrato”, and enabling AI tuning will automatically set the depth to zero for any notes which have not had their depth set manually already.

This is because the sliders produce a simple sine-like wave pattern which is not complex enough to replicate the complex patterns generated by the AI engine; they are to completely different methods of creating vibrato.

AI-generated pitch curves do not have a clear point where vibrato starts and ends, so using the existing vibrato tools to influence them would be awkward and potentially problematic since the same tools would be influencing two completely separate aspects of the piano roll.

I think the best solution would be a new parameter for “Expressiveness Envelope” which could modulate the AI-generation intensity over time. If this were paired with a new “Pitch Deviation Sensitivity” parameter it would be very easy to customize any sort of pitch curve without having to redraw or re-generate it.

「いいね!」 1

Excuse me for keeping it short, I will try to explain better. I am here with Solaria, in four sentences who have a long last note, she puts an excessive vibrato to these long notes which is ripetitive and annoying. I solved the problem by drawing the pitch curve on one (multiple times to get it right, it’s a little difficult by mouse clicking), having multiple retakes in the second and third (surprisingly I found solution to less vibrato by moving the slider to the right, to more emotiveness) and leaving the default AI vibrato in the last. By the sentence “vibrato panel does not work in Instant mode” I mean that, having instant mode, I opened the note editor panel and moved the vibrato sliders: none of them brings a change in the editor area, where waveforms are plotted under the “midi” notes, while all other sliders, for instance the phonemes duration and strength, when moved, they make waveforms redrawn in the editor area. You’re right that AI vibrato is much better than the mechanical vibrato settings in the Note panel, and different for each note; in my case I just need a little less, not a re-draw, so an amount parameter would be sufficient.

Yes, because the “Depth” slider is at zero semitones. A sine wave with no amplitude is a flat line, and therefore does not modify the pitch in any way.

If you increase the depth slider (in the Note Properties panel, not the Voice panel) and make sure the vibrato starts within the note’s duration you will see it start to affect the curve.

More info here:

You’re right Vibrato sliders work in AI Instant Mode!! (My depth was zero). So my issue is just the excessive natural vibrato of the Solaria AI database (the one that I purchased, for which we should inquiry Eclipsed Sounds). We have corrective tools in Synth V for that (pitch manual redraw, AI retakes), it might be simpler with an amount parameter.