Copyright issues creator guidelines

There are no actual copyright issues with this, Youtubes Content ID doesn’t miss, similar to other social media websites. All the copyright owners are receiving their fair share. If a video has been flagged can easily be seen by clicking the description. I don’t think anyone here is stealing royalties, those companies are way too aggressive for that to happen.

Majority of people here are all very clear about their sources though so I don’t understand why you posted this in the first place. Either way, I don’t think the coming population will be angry as Hatsune Miku is fairly well known, so it makes sense that this technology just becomes more realistic.

YouTube’s Content ID system is… I would have to argue is probably the least accurate automated system I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen plenty of bad automated systems and very few are worse than YouTube, Twitch, Reddit, Meta, and X.

I hate to bring myself up as an example, but I already wound up with two false copyright strikes on one video and it was my band and I posting our original (read: ORIGINAL) works. Some douche rapped over our song that wasn’t even an instrumental and he proceeded to copyright strike our video despite us being the original creator so we wound up having to contest it, and simply BECAUSE we contested it we wound up with a second strike. No opportunity to provide any counterevidence, no communication from YouTube whatsoever other than them doubling down, yea.

I probably should bring up the Alex Edson story at this point. Everyone was outing him as the rotten apple of the bunch but in actuality, he’s just one of many false-claimers that’s intentionally falseclaiming everything. The era of monetisation via traditional video content on YouTube is over. Falseclaiming is the new partner programme. There’s far more money to be made from falseclaiming everything, and YouTube loves it.

「いいね!」 1

That sucks. Venus Theory had a similar experience and made this hilarious rant to show how stupid it’s become.