Snap cursor to grid

Hello,

First post here… thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

Is there a way to have the CURSOR (the line location when I click on a location with the mouse) in SynthV snap to the grid value set (in either the Arrangement or Track display).

I’m trying the “Set Tempo” at particular points, which I wish to be at bar/measure starts, but the only way I can be 100% sure the cursor is at the start of a bar is to use the “Project > Seek to Measure” command.

I feel like SynthV worked this way previously (the cursor location would snap to the nearest point that aligned with the “grid” set by the duration value selected - 1/4, 1/8, etc.), but I’m not sure.

Thanks!
D

「いいね!」 1

There’s no built-in function for this, though I do have a couple scripts that accomplish something similar.

The ones titled “Move Playhead Left” and “Move Playhead Right” were made to be hotkeyed, and will snap to measure markers rather than the grid.

All that said, there’s no need for this if you’re just trying to set the tempo. Tempo markers can only be created at the start of a quarter, so they’ll be aligned by default. The grid setting and playhead position have no effect on the location of created tempo markers.

「いいね!」 3

These are so helpful! Thanks so much @Claire ! :raised_hands: