Projects got worse after updating from 1.8.0 to 1.9.0

I updated the pro version from 1.8.0 to 1.9.0 and Kevin from 107 to 109. All I need is note specific vibrato adjustment. This is why I updated, otherwise I was happy with my projects. The pitch and timbre of my projects have changed and unfortunately with worse results. There is pitch fluctuation coming from nowhere and randomly quieter or louder sounding timbre, also timing has changed in my projects. It’s become slightly random in general.

Is there a way to keep my original sound and still be able to use vibrato adjustment? I don’t understand why an update ruins old projects. I found a workaround for maintaining pitch. I open the project with Kevin 107 (old version). I enable preserving pitch and vibrato from Manual to Sing mode. I select all the notes and put them in Manual mode, next select Kevin 109 (new version) put all the notes back to Sing mode. Is this my only option?

By the way, it looks like “recompute” is removed. It was handy when there is a bug or something. So, we don’t need it anymore?

「いいね!」 2

It’s kind of just the downside of machine learning models. Each time you update them, the same inputs will inherently result in different outputs, and if your project parameter curves were added assuming a certain auto-generated pitch, things will stop making sense as soon as that generated pitch changes.

Backwards compatibility has been a concern for a long time, really ever since the userbase noticed that Saki AI sounded different way back in 1.3.0. At least we have the version switcher now, but of course using a past version of a voice database means you’re locked out of newer features.

I’m aware this isn’t the most convenient suggestion, but the most reliable solution will always be learning to draw the pitch curves by hand.

「いいね!」 1

Thanks for your answer. I’m checking more and realizing that it is strangely very wrong. In Kevin 107 the default takes are most of the time good but in v109 they are out of place. I think they missed something. Hope it will be fixed with the next version.

By the way, is there a way to downgrade to 1.8.0?

「いいね!」 1

If you still have the installer for the previous version you can just run it and the software will downgrade.

I don’t have the installer for v1.8.0. I want to try also v1.8.1 and Kevin 108. I emailed dreamtonics support email but they never replied to my previous emails. Hope they will reply this time. In any case, do you know where I can find these installers?

I’ve been having a few issues myself and reaching out to Dreamtonics has proven to be frustrating. They use to respond to a couple of issues I’ve had in the past but they’ve gone completely silent. Wish I had 1.8.0 for you but it’s since been trashed since I updated to 1.9.0. Good luck.

「いいね!」 2

Sadly I’m not going past 1.8.0 either for multiple reasons
I have set up a .bat switch on my system between 1.8.0 and any new version
So I can switch back and forth in a blink, best of both worlds 1.8.0 the Greatest and click the Latest :nerd_face:
Anyway that’s my system, more important, I still have the installers for 1.8.0 & 1.8.1, if you need them …

HERE YOU GO:
Version 1.8.0 - svstudio-pro-setup 1.8.0
Version 1.8.1 - svstudio-pro-setup 1.8.1

I don’t have the vb installers, for final versions it is installed by Synth V, I only have Sol. & Aster. anyway
Can you still install previous vb when you downgrade, no idea ? - (it should IMHO)
Hope this helps!

「いいね!」 2

Thanks a lot. I forgot to tell that I’m on Mac. I need the macOS version. :slight_smile:

Ayh, that’s what I thought, " Betcha be on a Mac:\ ", sorry can not help with that
Hopefully a Mac user has it backed and can help!