Recording the melody

I’m looking for the best way to get my melodies into Synth V in midi.

I don’t like mousing one note at a time. This can take a very long time and a lot of frustration.

I have tried recording a midi track into my DAW and importing it into Synth V. This is moderately acceptable. I’ve also recorded midi into Synth V but I don’t see any easy way to do punch in/out to fix mistakes. I’d like to see better recording capabilities added in the future… unless it’s there now and I just haven’t found it.

I have also used Melodyne to try and convert a sung melody into MIDI. THis would be the best method if it actually would work. I get all sorts of seriously wrong notes and it doesn’t follow the actual note quantity.

Has anyone found a better way to easily get the melody into Synth V without a huge amount of manual work?

「いいね!」 1

There are already new features in development to streamline this process. We don’t know the full extent of the features, but it mainly involves better integration between the plugin and DAWs that support ARA (specifically, Cubase and Studio One to start) as well as wav-to-MIDI conversion (basically what you’re already trying to do with Melodyne, but in a way that’s tailored to SynthV and therefore should require much less cleanup).

For now, if you don’t like the way recording works in SynthV Studio, the best alternative is to import a MIDI file created with your preferred software.

Any further information announced by Dreamtonics will be added to the existing thread:

ARA support is great, but what would be even more useful is to be sync the record to the DAW host so that you could record via MIDI keyboard while the DAW is playing.

Now that the ARA Bridge allows the plugin to control DAW playback, that’s exactly how it works when you press record in SynthV Studio while using a compatible DAW.

「いいね!」 1