This software is IMPOSSIBLE to use.. Tutorials? A mouse moving across the UI...unhelpful.

I’m beside myself with frustration about how incredibly unusable this app is. How do you record notes? Doesn’t work. How do you get midi from Logic? Nobody knows… how do any of you actually use this? I think if I’m Japanese and read and understand Japanese, I might be closer…but wow… the documentation is terrible. I feel like I’ve wasted my money on something I’ll never actually use because I can’t even get one note to record. Logic integraion? LOL Laughable! How in the world does this software work?! Can I get a refund?

Pleases take my words here as trying to help…
You say “can I get a refund” so you have the Pro version, which makes its use in Logic possible.
Do you have a voice database installed and registered (it is a separate product, separate registration)?

I would suggest just taking a tiny step backwards and start with SynthV as a standalone program, get just a little bit of a feel for its workflow - I really found it quite easy to put a vocal line together.

Have you watched any of the guide videos? there are some pretty good videos out there.
The Unofficial User Manual [https://manual.synthv.info/] is a GOLD MINE - dip into the bits that cover your specific problems!

「いいね!」 6

Hi, Perhaps a look through this forum and the unofficial guide will help you to understand that it is not only very usable, but incredible if you take time to learn how to use it.
Or you could just give up and ask for your money back - but you’ll be missing out.
If you can ask specific questions, perhaps with some screenshots, people here will be all too happy to help, but to simply say that it is ‘unusable’ is slightly hysterical.

「いいね!」 1

Yes. I’ll take a step back. Just frustrated by the lack of tutorials…and after trying to get it to work for so long I simply lost my cool.

「いいね!」 1

Thank you for the link. This is incredibly helpful.

Please take my words here as trying to help…

Thank you.

You say “can I get a refund” so you have the Pro version, which makes its use in Logic possible.

It is hooked up (and “works,” but syncing the track is impossible and recording MIDI is also incredibly frustrating … downright not possible because of how they “sync”…

Do you have a voice database installed and registered (it is a separate product, separate registration)?

Yes. I have two. Both activated. Ritchy and Natalie. Both work.

I would suggest just taking a tiny step backwards and start with SynthV as a standalone program, get just a little bit of a feel for its workflow - I really found it quite easy to put a vocal line together.

Yes. I’m also going that route.

Have you watched any of the guide videos? there are some pretty good videos out there.
The Unofficial User Manual [https://manual.synthv.info/ ] is a GOLD MINE - dip into the bits that cover your specific problems!

You are right. That link is amazing. I’m going through it right now. Thank you so much for seeing that I’m not a bad person… just a frustrated one! I’m quite good at learning new software. I’m a designer so my software is 2d, 3d and compositing. Music has ALWAYS been a pain point for me, so when I can’t get something to work, I feel STUPID…and when I feel stupid, I kick myself in the ass and get frustrated with MY lack of ability! I’ll come back to this thread and update on my progress. Thanks again.

[/quote]

With the sync issue. In the vst you have to got to the Project tab at the top and at the bottom of the tab you will find Synchronize Tempo with Host. This will set the time signature and tempo in the plugin. I think it may only do the first that it finds so if you have changing signatures and tempos you might have to enter the rest manually. Good luck it really is an amazing bit of software, the best that I’ve used.

「いいね!」 1

Chris, I also initially was quite frustrated with this program. If you are a new user to sample library concept it can even be more frustrating. The manual IS an enormous help, but you still need to grok how it WORKS. I wrote my first track syllable by syllable, spend a day trying to make it sound human. Then tried replacing the multi-syllable words “Syl” tab "La’ tab “ble” to “Syllable” tab “+” tab “+” instead and it totally changed the way it sang the line. Have patience, it IS worth it. Look at the waveforms as well as the pitch lines, they tell an important story. Good luck and sing your heart out.

「いいね!」 1

Thank you. Man I wish I could pay someone to go onto zoom and just show me the ropes!

Hi Chris
I cant speak for others but Clare’s huge effort to produce the online manual helped me a great deal and I have to disagree - it is not unuseable. I’m a Cubase Pro12 user who uses Synth V in the standalone mode and have gained some amazing results with Kevin and Natalie. Is there a learning curve? yes but not massive. I was 64 when I got into this and it was not crazy difficult to learn. Not easy but this is ground breaking technology that will get easier to use in time. This is not a few clicks piece of software … one day maybe.

Could it be better? Sure but I am severely impressed with what this program can do. My work flow is:

1. Create a vocal melody in Cubase with my instrumental arrangement (EDM) using a piano sound.
  2. Export the instrumental only as a WAV file.
  3. Export the vocal melody only as a WAV file and MIDI
  4. Import files at Steps 2 and 3 into Synth V
  5. Align vocal WAV and MIDI with instrumental track (don’t normally need to as they align)
  6. On Synth V Voice track (MIDI) import lyrics - be sure to understand the use of the “+” and “-” as they are key to getting the vocal right.
  7. Play with phenome strength/volume/vibrato to taste
  8. Export as a WAV and import into DAW and treat as normal vocal.

Like anything new it takes some practice but I’m an old fart and I didn’t find it crazy tricky and I’m super happy with the results (I’ll be posting examples here soon when my album is released).

Don’t give up is what I’m trying to say.

[edited as I didn’t see other posts above so please forgive any repetition]

「いいね!」 1

You are all awesome for such amazing support! Thank you. I’ll keep digging in.

The manual is the ONLY resource that actually documents the levers and iconography. But for hands-on help, I don’t know her, don’t know if she’s interested, but - look up Mikado on YouTube, she has real control over Natalie.

Also, look for any resources on using Sample Libraries in general, much of the foundational stuff is similar.

Good luck.

「いいね!」 1

There are some English tutorials on YouTube.

「いいね!」 1

Try this one: Dreamtonics Synthesizer V Studio Vocal MAC / Windows / Linux VST3 / AU - Tutorial 1: Getting Started

「いいね!」 1

Hey! So, I read what you posted and I can honestly say I know how you must feel. I have not even installed the software and I can see now it was an impulsive buy because of good marketing. Just wondering if you had any breakthroughs before I dive in. If not maybe I wont even try. There is so much I want to do musically I can take the loss if I ended up buying the first cell phone ever invented. I like groundbreaking stuff. I expected, because of the marketing, there to be an abundance of great tutorials on it. Oops! I’m sure everything will be ironed out but I can’t really just start pressing buttons randomly. What are your latest thoughts? I think you speak for many. Just wondering…

「いいね!」 1

My honest feedback? I kinda gave up. But here’s the thing. The community is really great and I think if you stick with this and work through it, it will be an amazing piece of software. I need to get back into it (I’m so busy at work right now). Yes, they have great marketing and make it look easy, but part of the fun of using software like this is learning it and have breakthroughs. I’m going to get back into it eventually… I’d say go for it and try to make it work. It will only improve. If you spend the time, it will be rewarding. :slight_smile:

「いいね!」 1

hey @Hannah and @Chris_Jacobs
Anyone who has used a DAW of whatever flavour will find some of the controls in SV a bit jankly. But believe me, with just a little perseverance and referring to youtube and the forums, getting a passable vocal is not too hard. Getting a good vocal like some of the users on the forum manage takes effort - a bit like learning a new language or computer code.
I’ve been a user for a few months now and I almost chucked the towel in at the start as things seemed so counter intuitive to the way my DAW muscle memory had developed (WAV to midi conversion, direct Midi piano roll entry etc). But, the speed this team update the software with new functionality (ARA soon to be added) is great. The way the forum supports you is great. The results of an auto ‘Sing’ setting on a melody is getting better with each release so I’m a proper convert (previously used Vocaloid which now sound like teletubbies meets the Daleks by comparison). Stick with it guys, its a great product with just a bit of work :+1:

「いいね!」 2

Yes! I just like to complain, I think I was in a bad mood. There is no such thing as a free lunch. No one to take you by the hand and show you the way. Thanks for trying to help me. I heard — just sit down at the damn thing and do what we all did. The truth always hits me eventually.

I am putting a moratorium on any questions until I put in a solid 20 hours on it.

Thanks again!

「いいね!」 2

The ONLY way to learn to use it is to use it. If you are familiar with the machinations sample library users go thru, this is quite similar, except because it’s words, mistakes or unexpected results stand out more obviously. Don’t be afraid to experiment (save what works first…) :grinning:

「いいね!」 1

honestly, i found synthV very easy and simple to use, once you get the basic idea.
anyone familiar with the piano roll of a DAW should not have problems in laying down a simple melody and let the software sing! :slight_smile:

the only drawback is the terrible UI, that don’t let you see very well the bars and their subdvisions.

「いいね!」 1