SAROS: New English Synthesizer V AI from Eclipsed Sounds releasing November, 2023

So far Eclipsed Sounds has only referred to SAROS by they/them pronouns, and the gender ambiguity is intentional. We’ll probably get more information within the next week or so.

「いいね!」 4

I love 70s/80s glam rock, so this is good news for me.
I think this voice will be great for my projects.

「いいね!」 1

New demo! Full design and logo available now!

「いいね!」 9

Sounds really good!

「いいね!」 1

Newsletter for SAROS dropped here

Some new information:

• SAROS’s development will be taken slowly to ensure the same level of quality as SOLARIA and ASTERIAN
  • Currently working on improving the Vocal Modes
  • SAROS is expected to have more Vocal Modes than SOLARIA and ASTERIAN
  • SAROS will have more data than SOLARIA and ASTERIAN
  • Pre-orders and final release date will not be announced until SAROS is fully adjusted
  • If things turn out well, SAROS may release before the end of summer (previously expected for autumn)

A page for their vocal information is also available and subject to change

「いいね!」 4

I am hoping for upper range like Solaris from this dude.

I would like to replace myself as a recording singer. At least for some satisfying scratch tracks if nothing else. My closest singing style is Steve Perry, but I’m getting up in years and I’m not so healthy anymore. Oh, and I don’t have a Nuemann U87 (hehe).

If this can be done, I’ll get 2 of them. Well… not really. But, there’s my wish list anyways.

「いいね!」 1

New demo was released! “A Starry Farewell” by AIKA with the illustration by K’hath! This demo does use Vocal Mode but it’s not specified which ones.

SAROS is continuing to improve, and their core range and Vocal Modes were announced to be nearing solidification. Once these happen, pre-orders will open up!

「いいね!」 6

wow, that’s my style of voice. :heart_eyes:
Can’t wait for the official release :hot_face:
Good job Eclipsed Sound, as usual :slight_smile:

New demo song: “Wedding Dance at the End of the World” by Nine Aetharia, with illustration by KoiDoodles

「いいね!」 3

So Saros is non-binary then? and this vid promo is in chorus mode (i hope)?

The character is marketed as non-binary (I think), but the voice sounds 100% male to me.
And really good too. With Saros, Ritchy, D-Lin, Jun, Nine Zero, Asterian and Kevin, the range of English male singers is quite a good arsenal and has some serious versatility.

Honestly with the character being non-binary I’d enjoy it if it would be easy to create a more feminine vocal-style and a masculine one on the same bank, (Mostly via the gender parameter) but I do enjoy SAROS’s voice, I do think we need more masculine voice databases, But i’d also like voice databases that are more gender neutral/can be changed as needed, In one of SARO’s demos I kinda noticed the backing vocals had this low female range that I LOVE in vocal synths sooo I’m really excited for SAROS

「いいね!」 2

Eclipsed Sounds announced a delay on their Twitter. Since the forums is having an issue with embedding tweets, I’ll put them in blocked quotes and attach the sources afterwards.

Due to some additional hurdles in the final phase of development, we are putting the rest of the SAROS demo lineup on hold until our timeline is more solidified and pre-orders can be made available. Thank you for your support of SAROS thus far, and our apologies for this delay.

From the current demos, it may seem like their development is complete, but we have something very special in the works that will just take a bit more time. We appreciate your understanding.

We do not anticipate this delay will last long, but wanted to update on the situation. Thank you!

Sources:
https://twitter.com/eclipsedsounds/status/1690854450741620737
https://twitter.com/eclipsedsounds/status/1690854452327010305
https://twitter.com/eclipsedsounds/status/1690855773163720705

「いいね!」 5

SAROS pre-orders are now open, and a new demo has been posted. The estimated release is mid-late November.

The digital download version is $79.99 (USD), with a limited physical edition available for $110.

The pre-order price for the digital download version is discounted by $10, and if you also purchase SOLARIA or ASTERIAN in the same order you can save an additional 10%.

If you purchase the physical edition you will still receive your product code and download link at release via email, you will not have to wait for shipping to use the product.

Additionally, raw vocal samples for the demo tracks have been posted to the product page. These are “reset” versions of the vocals used in each demo song, without any of the manual adjustments made by the artists (except where noted).

「いいね!」 4

Here’s our first look at SAROS’s vocal modes in isolation.

This features five (half) of the vocal modes that will be available. I highly recommend listening to the end for the falsetto mode, which is quite unique compared to the voice databases available to date.

「いいね!」 6

A new SAROS demo is available, along with the announcement of official Spanish language support for Synthesizer V Studio!

I’ve made a separate thread for this since the new language support is a pretty big deal and not necessarily SAROS-specific.

(November 23 edit)

Eclipsed Sounds has confirmed that SAROS distribution will begin tomorrow. Those who have pre-ordered will begin getting their product codes in the early morning. Keep in mind Eclipsed Sounds is located in North America.

We can also look forward to another demo song coinciding with the release.

https://twitter.com/eclipsedsounds/status/1727785762618310946

SAROS will be available this Friday! Please expect an early morning release tomorrow, as well as our release-day demo song.

There’s also some catch-up news that hasn’t been shared here yet; the remaining five vocal modes have been showcased, along with the demo song “Collared” by Vane.

(November 24 edit)

SAROS is now released and those who pre-ordered should have received their product codes by email.

Eclipsed Sounds has also just posted SAROS’s release-day demo, “A Canvas Without Stars” by DM DOKURO.

「いいね!」 4

I bought Saros when he was released. He is an awesome voicebank with lots of versatility! Great job Eclipsed Sounds

「いいね!」 1

I posted a Christmas tune I made with Saros as a totally rank beginner with SynV. I have a LOT to learn, but what I hear coming back to me in certain ranges is very James Taylor, and with Hayden doing upper harmony and Ritchy below it’s a gorgeous raw sound. When I get a clue about control of this beat (the app,) I’ll find the character quite musically/metaphysically resonant and emotively useful.

I feel a bit lost… Solaria impressed me so much that I also bought the bundle with Solaria. But it’s difficult with male voices. I like Asterian a lot but it’s very special. I don’t know Kevin… Is Saros possibly the male voice of the same quality as Solaria?

「いいね!」 1

Eclipsed Sounds definitely delivers some of the highest quality vocal synths available.

SOLARIA certainly lives up to her reputation, and ASTERIAN is very good, even if his role tends to be a bit more niche (though it is a very valuable niche that was almost entirely absent from the industry until his release).

It’s a bit too early to see the full scope of SAROS’s reception since early adopters are still likely working on their first songs with the product, but we do know that the release has been a commercial success so far. Eclipsed Sounds shared that over the holiday break they nearly ran out of the product codes they had prepared (https://twitter.com/eclipsedsounds/status/1742963357383098409).

I expect that in the coming weeks and months we’ll hear a lot more feedback from users who finish projects using SAROS. Personally, I think SAROS has the potential to be held in the same regard as SOLARIA as one of the go-to options for SynthV Studio.

In the meantime, while they’re mostly linked above, you can more easily find a list of SAROS’s demo songs here: https://www.youtube.com/@eclipsedsounds/search?query=saros

「いいね!」 3